Quiting mapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
I was joking but whateva :p

Read this post thoroughly. Read it in Nova's voice. Implant it into your mind. You have to understand that most of the time if someone is poking fun at you or your maps, its with a sarcastic intent.

Now, I can't vouch for all of us. But the majority would agree.

ANova

L7: Fancy Member
Jul 16, 2009
I want you to stay TPG now add me back DAMMIT!

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
I have no clue what involved and contentious backstory there is to all this. I feel like I caught the tail end of some long-running conversation involving personal rivalries.

... But if you want to talk about "not seriously" I'll raise you a ctf_2fort variation that wasn't done with comedic intent.

Last edited:

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
Quitting mapping is one thing, but there's no reason to quit the community, take me as an example, haven't mapped since umm...mid 08 at the latest, and ive still stuck around. Join the group of people who just play the maps ;)

... But if you want to talk about "not seriously" I'll raise you a ctf_2fort variation that wasn't done with comedic intent.

Ill raise that an orange full bright map with elevators and launch pads ;)
Still remember my first bit of forum feedback, "give up and start over". And you know what? It was damn true :p

EDIT:

I want you to stay TPG now add me back DAMMIT!
also this

Rikka

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 10, 2009
For what's worth, I've been impressed by all the work you've put into this contest so far, and it be a shame for you to quit now. I won't lie, your mapping has flaws, some of them more obvious than others, but we learn for a reason. And it be a shame for you to leave this community. You do too much for it, and it would hurt us all for you to leave.

Maybe mapping isn't your calling. There's a good number of us here who contribute in other ways, whether it be modeling, greeting, or just being there for testing.

Last edited:

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
I haven't produced anything of worth but I still stick around.

Shame to see you go, buddy.

Impulse

L2: Junior Member
Nov 1, 2009
I hope you do chose to stay with the community even if you are not going to map. Your usually the first person that welcomes new people and help the with the speed bumps in their beginning. And if three full pages of people wishing you either back or for the best, even both within a few hours of you posting that you were leaving doesn't say that people like you here i don't know what will convince you to stay.

And if you do chose to leave the community I wish you nothing but luck.

The Gentlemanne

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 18, 2009
Don't quit dude.

If you quit you prove those idiots right,don't ever feel disheartened about your work,99% of our community gives constructive criticism and that 1% can fuck off.

Dude we love you,all of us in the community,your jokes,your maps everything.

learn from your mistakes,nobody says your maps suck

I play assembly all the time(LAN parties)

me, my bro,friends love your maps.

DON'T FUCKING GIVE UP!

Apr 19, 2009
First off I am very sorry for the scare. I can get kinda emotional some times and I don't think things though. Nevertheless the new mid for assembly is workable so I am keeping it and will continue to map!

The Gentlemanne

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 18, 2009
its because of what I said :p

Mr.Blob

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jun 12, 2009
No! - /me restrains The Political Gamer.

Firstly Assembly played well yesterday. It was just very big. -> but also fun. :)
Stay with us. we love you.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
First off I am very sorry for the scare. I can get kinda emotional some times and I don't think things though. Nevertheless the new mid for assembly is workable so I am keeping it and will continue to map!
the raccoons and beavers who REALLY run this community have decided to ban you :(

Status
Not open for further replies.