props not showing when running map

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by [O], Dec 28, 2011.

1. [O]

[O] L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    I've got a problem with the sewer pipe props from Well not showing when I run map.

I'm using them along with trigger_push to shoot players from spawn to a certain control point.

I want to test this when I run the map, but for the life of me cant figure out why they are not showing in game.

Could it possibly be because I am lining them end to end with a fraction of an inch overlap ? Or does that have nothing to do with anything?

2. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    The way you are linining them has nothign to do with it.

What it seems like is that you either have them set as prop_dynamic when they should be prop_static or you have them set as prop_static when they should be prop_dynamic (I'm going to bet it is the first case)

3. [O]

Positive Ratings:
    Well I checked and they are prop_static. To be honest, I just picked them up from VALVe's Well and dropped them in my map.

I would think that they should be ready to go as it is.

4. [O]

Positive Ratings:
    Ok this is weird. They are appearing again suddenly.

Dont know what to tell you...

5. Kill_the_Bug

Kill_the_Bug L14: Epic Member

Positive Ratings:
    One of the things you might want to check if it happens again is - did you shift/drag the item over to create a new item or did you do a copy/paste to create the new item.

I've had a couple of cases where models would not show up if I did a copy/paste thing - don't know why it happens - just chalk it up to one of the wierd hammer/valvle things that happen.

6. [O]

Positive Ratings:
    I remember shift dragging. But to clarify, I could not see anything at all. Not even the original.