Problems with packing my map ["Update"]

Dooby McGroovy

L1: Registered
Mar 20, 2023
Hey, It's me again, so ever since I made this thread (Which by the way thank you so much to the people who tried to help me it really meant a lot) I've been trying to figure out what exactly was that I was doing wrong and came to the (non-confirmed actual) conclusion that I've may have screwed up the file path for the custom asset folder.

So I threw my morals though the window and came here to see if anyone can do the job for me and tell me what I did wrong.

Of course that was a joke, but I do need some help in trying to figure out if the problem is the place the files are supposed to be since I've been changing the path since yesterday to no avail. And if it is, where are the files supposed to go for them to be visible in-game.

So, for an update on my last thread, I move from using CompilePal to using VADE since I found that it was easier to pack stuff with it. Furthermore, I may have had to clarify that the file for the asset I used it's actually a set of models rather than just one.

Here are the files that came with the custom asset pack:

Captura de pantalla (41).png

("Models" folder onwards)

Captura de pantalla (42).png

Captura de pantalla (43).png

("Materials" folder onwards)
Captura de pantalla (44).png

Captura de pantalla (45).png

Captura de pantalla (46).png

If anyone can help me figure out where I'm supposed to extract this files to, It'll be greatly appreciated. And again, sorry if this is a stupid subject to ask help for, but this is my first time using custom content for a map, and I've been dealing with this problem for 3 days now. Plus, I think I may be losing my sanity over this

Last edited:

nesman

master of fast travel
aa
Jun 27, 2016
So usually map authors include a readme and that might tell you where to install them. I typically just dump folders into tf/custom and my file structure can look like this:
  • tf/custom/nesmanmodels/models/blahblah/themodel.mdl
  • tf/custom/pdansstuff/materials/metal/whatever.vtf
So it really depends on the author and how they compiled the models in the first place. What custom content are you trying to install again?

Dooby McGroovy

L1: Registered
Mar 20, 2023
So usually map authors include a readme and that might tell you where to install them. I typically just dump folders into tf/custom and my file structure can look like this:
  • tf/custom/nesmanmodels/models/blahblah/themodel.mdl
  • tf/custom/pdansstuff/materials/metal/whatever.vtf
So it really depends on the author and how they compiled the models in the first place. What custom content are you trying to install again?
I'm trying to install some models, although I'm just going to use 3 of them