Posting map threads will be changing a little bit

ProfFiendish

L2: Junior Member
Nov 15, 2008
Could it also be an attack-defend ctf map? Like Dustbowl from TFC? Does this even exist for TF2?

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
I don't see why that would have a separate checkbox ...
Because the difference between one team defending/one attacking and both teams attacking/defending at the same time is the biggest difference you can have among maps with the CP prefix. It's a core game flow aspect.

Though, if this is the case the both boxes should really be renamed.

GrimGriz

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 2, 2009
Because the difference between one team defending/one attacking and both teams attacking/defending at the same time is the biggest difference you can have among maps with the CP prefix. It's a core game flow aspect.

It seems most CPs, and most PLs even are attacking and defending...I'd think the additional box would go to the odd cases more than the standard cases. DP's preference I guess. The checkbox strikes me as more of an either/or compared to the others though...like, CP or CTF or PL, or A/D. Maybe it should be grouped with WIP so it seems more additional

GrimGriz

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 2, 2009
Right. I'm saying of the 3 cp styles (dustbowl, gravelpit, granary), the granary style is the 'odd' style

Apom

L6: Sharp Member
Sep 14, 2008
There aren't really 3 cp styles. Dustbowl and Gravelpit are both the same style, except Dustbowl is longer (and thus multi-staged). It's really all about "A/D style" or "symetric style".

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
I can't add a prefix to my thread for some unknown reason. This is how it looks in my edit screen: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn220/Ravidge/other/options.jpg

I tried different browsers and clearing cache, but nothing. I can see the box when I go to create a new thread, but this option wasn't available when I first posted.

samn

L4: Comfortable Member
Mar 28, 2008
I liked it when there was a WIP forum, as I prefer to look at WIP because I get an idea of the development process behind maps and pick up tips from other mappers.

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
So can I make an entry even though all I have done is the BLU spawn and half of Cap A? I only get fridays-mondays to map, so I don't get much time to do much for my maps. I promise this one will be finished.

Owlruler

L12: Fabulous Member
Dec 10, 2008
I miss people's avatars.
I don't know if thats already been brought up but it seems so faceless in the new forum.

Shadow Monkey

Super Monkey
Jun 7, 2008
I miss people's avatars.
I don't know if thats already been brought up but it seems so faceless in the new forum.

Yes, I miss them to :(

And the screenshoots.....can you make them like the thumbmails? I like pictures on the same site....not photobucket or so....