PLR Cart Elevator Prefab

PLR Cart Elevator Prefab A3b

Aug 26, 2016
PLR Cart Elevator Prefab - Includes Capture Point and Mid-Track Elevator Prefabs

A cleaned up and ready-to-copy cart elevator as seen on plr_hightower. Also includes a mid-track elevator.

Notes:
  • The prefab is set up to allow a team_train_watcher to handle rollfoward and rollback zones using only flags, so no manual outputs are needed. As a result, there are two team_train_watchers for each cart.
  • Elevator path_track entities have the Orientation Type set to "Face this path_track's angles". If rotating the elevator, make sure to change these path_tracks' angles as well.
  • The elevator platform consists of a func_brush and a func_tracktrain. Both of these must look identical, and their origins must be aligned with the center of the "clamp_track_*_1" path_track entity.
  • Bugs from plr_hightower's elevator still persist, such as the cart sinking into the platform when the trigger is touched while it falls quickly.
  • Use the logic entities originating from this prefab, including the carts, or the elevator may not work properly.
  • A team_control_point_round is necessary even for a single stage. Without it, one cart won't be blockable.

Last edited:

Gravidea

L5: Dapper Member
Apr 17, 2017
Looking pretty good! A very helpful prefab indeed that I'll likely be using when I get into making Payload maps. I think you should definitely include some screenshots on your "Overview" to show people what they're getting into, whether that be screenshots from Hammer or in-game. Other than that little suggestion, you've done a great job!