Please, I really need help

DoodleDon

L2: Junior Member
Nov 22, 2020
Please, this last point has bugged me ever since I first encountered it. Anyone, anywhere, please, solve this so I can finally rest. I feel like I've tried everything but I obviously haven't.

A sincier thank you in advnace -DoodleDon

Attachments

• pl_chestnut_woods.vmf
    3.2 MB · Views: 88

Tiftid

the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
aa
Sep 10, 2016
It seems like your last path_track doesn't have any path_tracks after it. This has caused problems for me in the past, though as MOCOLONI said in your last thread, it might be possible to avoid those problems by sending a "Stop" output from the last path_track to your func_tracktrain.
It seems like you already have an output to kill the func_tracktrain - it may be possible that the crashes are being caused by killing it at the same time the point is captured, or killing it at the same time its phys_constraint breaks.
I'd say, to be safe, change this "Kill" output to a "Stop" output (as shown in attached screenshot) and add another track after the end of the path.
upload_2021-3-28_11-54-51.png

Also, it seems like your map has more than a few leaks. Hiding a prop here exposed the void (prop on the right isn't hidden for reference)
upload_2021-3-28_11-56-30.png

Hiding any displacement anywhere exposes the void
upload_2021-3-28_11-57-18.png

Several props have their origin outside the map
upload_2021-3-28_11-59-37.png

If any entity (including props) can trace a path between its origin and the void, the map leaks, which can cause awful lighting or even prevent your map from successfully compiling. Displacements can't block this path.
It's generally advisable to put nodraw blocks beneath displacements to solve this, since nodraw blocks can seal your world.

Here's a quick and dirty example, using the area outside BLU's spawn:
upload_2021-3-28_12-3-34.png

Note that I also extended the buildings down as nodraw blocks. It's important to do this instead of just putting everything in a big box, since this stops people from rendering too much of the map at once, while a box would let them render almost everything at the same time, tanking their framerate.

Tiftid

the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
aa
Sep 10, 2016
Just now, I hid the "Sky" visgroup, and found that some skybox brushes still remained:
upload_2021-3-28_12-6-19.png

This is because they're func_details. You don't want to make your skybox brushes func_details, since func_detail can't seal your world.

DoodleDon

L2: Junior Member
Nov 22, 2020
Just now, I hid the "Sky" visgroup, and found that some skybox brushes still remained:
upload_2021-3-28_12-6-19.png

This is because they're func_details. You don't want to make your skybox brushes func_details, since func_detail can't seal your world.
Tiftid, I can't explain how much I wanna kiss you right now, no homo.
Thank you so much! I would've never knew about this if it wasn't for you! : D