pl_waste

uma plata

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 20, 2009
3. Use game_text to display how many players are pushing the cart for both teams. However, it looks very ugly.

I'd be interested to see how ugly it looks. Even if it was ghastly, this information is so important to awareness about cart progress that you might want to do it anyway

We're all trained to check the number of players on the cart/point so well already. It's the best indicator about the sense of urgency you need to have, and consequently if you want to run a scout, pyro, or heavy to the point

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Hey, It actually doesn't look all too bad. I think I will implement this after all.

pl_waste_b40002.jpg

pl_waste_b40001.jpg

NovaSilisko

L42: Life, the Universe and Everything
aa
Feb 3, 2009
Hmm, could you move it up a bit so the cart doesn't go over it?

GrimGriz

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 2, 2009
I added a plugin to track and ban people who use inappropriate sprays, and for some reason every time I look at your cart I see this:

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
when 2 people are fighting next to a cap the cart will tilt slightly when going up the cap platform, if its pushed back at just that moment It goes nuts and does this:
pl_waste_b30000.jpg

after doing 6 full summersaults it locks in that position (if both people are blocking eachothers push). It fixes itself when moving again.

Anyway, it got a little spastic if you push it backwards while its tilted it seems.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Might be because I set the accel/decel rate to 99999 each... lol

I've tested it with a much more reasonable speed with bots, and I have yet to notice it.

Hopefully we will see less of this (better yet none at all!)

@Grim:
No idea what is causing that. How does that plugin 'track' sprays? Could it be detecting the custom skin on the cart?

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008
I think you should display both red and blu with the ugly thing you talked about. I saw it and it doesnt bother me its not a big deal.

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
Ravidge, that's a VALVe bug, I've seen it happen on Badwater. Good for a laugh.

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 9, 2008
When the double payload map come's out you will be able to use the red cart model, so when it's on blu's side it's blue, and when it's on red it's red. Awesome map by the way, really fun.

Sep 12, 2008
When the double payload map come's out you will be able to use the red cart model, so when it's on blu's side it's blue, and when it's on red it's red. Awesome map by the way, really fun.

There already is a red payload cart, CHR0N0S, I think it came a few updates ago :)

joshman

L5: Dapper Member
May 7, 2008
Alright, I just played B3, and here are my comments:
- Stalemates happen way too often, make it so, when the time runs out, that whomever has the cart the farthest wins.
- I was never able to actually "Win", so what happens to the explosion funnel? Does the explosion come out the barrels crammed into the pipe in the sewer area? That would be a cool idea.
- Nice job on the neutral bomb cart, but I think it needs a 2 ways Bomb cart custom model. Something like the standard bomb cart frame, but filled with dynamite in a symmetrical pattern. Or something like that.
- Great Map though, all the guys at "Axl's TF2: Where 2fort is a bad thing" really enjoyed the map. Other than the stalemates.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
np. B4 features a new two-way bomb cart courtesy of Z33W13R, in addition to tracks and checkpoint models.

defenders also have a longer spawn room now, and the dynamic cart speed was admittedly broken in B3.

Forthex

L2: Junior Member
Aug 2, 2008
I played B3 a couple of times in a 32-person game (on 2f2f). I love the concept and the whole "industrial pollution" theme, but I find the cart moves WAY too fast. It's impossible for the loosing team to get the cart back. Just my two cents. Everything else is great!

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Likewise, I've also increased the spawn time for attackers a bit.

It is my intention that teams will be able to push back the enemy if they wiped a whole lot of them out.

I hope that the slightly slower cart and increased spawn times will balance out.

I've played waste several times already, and the win rate is usually 2-1. Not bad!

Phobos

L3: Member
Feb 22, 2009
The spawntime changes sound good. From what I've experienced the tug-of-war mechanic works till the "factory" cp of a team is taken. From that point on the map changes into vanilla payload because I've never seen a team making a comeback from there. They just fight for a stalemate (kind of like Fastlane is played right now).

Please add the push counter. Additional information is always good. And it isn't that ugly.

Phobos

L3: Member
Feb 22, 2009
Cool! Although what's the word on the new cart model? Is it even going to have a flashlight attached? (Basically I'm shamelessly asking for some wip shots).