pl_repository

Jan 31, 2008
Alright, playtest will be hosted by Nineaxis at 21:00 GMT the 28:th december.
63.209.33.162:27015

See you there :)

Last edited:

NoHeroes

L2: Junior Member
Oct 16, 2008
I like it. Finish the interior textures, optimize for FPS, and I'll give it a run on our "Payload Extreme" server.

Jan 31, 2008
Well, I don't know the ip on thr server Chrono will host.
I'll post the ip here when the playtest is on :)

Jan 31, 2008
I like it. Finish the interior textures, optimize for FPS, and I'll give it a run on our "Payload Extreme" server.

I have optimised it a bit (With somewhat obvious fade distances), and now we'll playtest. After that I'll try to fix the gameplay issues and finish up the interior textures. Then there'll probably be yet another playtest, then a 3D skybox and some final playtesting. ;)

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
I'd think it's a better idea to give us the IP now so that we can add it to our favourites and access the server easily later - but I'll make sure to check this topic for details later, I want to join the test. :)

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
From what I understand Chrono is uploading it to the TF2Maps.net server.

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
If it works like that, lets hope it isn't laggy and crashy like it was when we tried to do that with rocket_riot.

Cerious

L420: High Member
Aug 10, 2008
I'll be sure to join. Oh, and where is the server located? I live on the west coast, and while I have a pretty stable, good connection, it all depends if the server isn't located somewhere like on the east coast really far away.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
This is now one of my favourite maps. I absolutely love it.
It's got a quite unique and fresh look. I saw some props with draw distances that were ridiculous, though, but I can't remember where.

I'm getting quite a lot of slowdown in some areas, like the BLU spawn. Sure, I live on the other side of the world, but I only had 150 ping, which I'm usually able to handle fine, so it's not my connection.

BLU had a hard time getting past point 2. In that area, RED is practically above them all the time, so they get all the height advantage, plus some almost-impossible-to-kill Sentry locations. Even when playing Spy, I had a hard time even getting to most of RED's defenses, since the only way up there was to go past the whole thing, up a staircase and past RED's spawn - at which point I usually had no cloak left, and no ammo to refill. I thought the rest flowed fine, though, even if things tended to slow down remarably near the end again.

My biggest gripe is the large absence of ammo packs, at least where it would make sense for a Spy to travel through (I noticed that to get most ammo packs as a Spy, I had to go to them, I rarely picked up any as I went along, which I think is how it should be), or where it would make sense for an Engineer to build. As Spy, I had a hard time crossing the enemy's frontlines because of this. I saw ONE large ammo pack - I really think there should be more. I guess the health distribution is ok, but you shouldn't exactly lower the number, so to speak.

EDIT: Added some more info, read again if you read it just after I posted.

Last edited:

Cerious

L420: High Member
Aug 10, 2008
This is a pretty decent map; it looks nice, plays nice, and has a pretty good team balance. Some issues that need to be ironed out:
- That invincible teleporter, where you can build an exit at red's first forward spawn, and it can't be destroyed. That's just mean, and unbalances the game a lot.
- Respawn times. Reduce Red's respawn from 18-20 seconds to 12-14 seconds.
- Finish texturing. Not a big deal, but it'll help you have your map be put on more servers.
- At the second to last point, the long stretch to it is so flat and boring. Plus, there is no cover. You could improve this area a lot by adding more detail to the stretch itself, not the buildings surrounding it.
- Optimization. There are some pretty bad places, where I got lower-than-acceptable fps. Blu spawn, and some of the long stretches in your map.

Zmathue

L2: Junior Member
Aug 3, 2008
You have to fix the building of objects in places where the other team can't reach them.

and this:
plrepositorya40003yk2.jpg

Jan 31, 2008
Thanks for the feedback everyone :)
Glad you like it!

Things fixed from a4 to a5:
- The cart now blocks bullets
- Red can no longer build stuff where blue can't destroy it
- The cart is now slower
- The second point generally more blu friendly
- The long stretch from the second to third cap now has a gate in the middle, providing cover for both red and blu and increasing the chances of red defending that area
- Added more ammo and healthpacks to balance the gameplay
- Fixed respawntimes for both teams

Things left to fix before the final version:
- Finish texturing
- More signs
- Cubemaps
- 3D skybox
- Spectator cameras
- Optimization

Last edited:

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
For the invincible teleporters, I suggest letting BLU enter the area outside the RED spawn, from where RED exits.

stealth

L1: Registered
Nov 7, 2008
Nice map some things that were said before bbut just a reminder:
-More ammo packs here and there at the blu spawn area there is only 1 full ammo pack, so engis are having a hard time.
Especially if there are 2 engis, the first one takes the box the second is like hey!
-slow the cart down a bit to give engis the time to set up stuff.
-add health packs on the route from BLUs first spawn to the 2 capture point, cause if you rocket jump as soldier to get to the cart faster you end up not getting there faster since you have to take longer routes to go find health.