pl_exquisite_corpse

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by zaratustra, Jun 22, 2009.

1. zaratustra

zaratustra L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    An idea I had for a community effort - I know I'm not very well known here, but it's about the only place with good TF2 map makers one can find.

Several map makers each make a section of the map. Once one makes their part, it's obscured except for the very end of it, and the next map maker builds upon that part. Give each mapmaker, say, a week to do their part, and at the end, the complete map is revealed.

What do you think? Would you be up for it?

2. Fogold

Fogold L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I played something like that as a kid except on a peice of paper, and drawing a monster, where one person would draw the head, then the next guy would draw the torso, then the next guy would draw the legs. It could be great fun, I wouldn't mind giving it a go. You would have to give a specific theme though, it would be odd to have a desert theme then an alpine theme at the next part.

3. MildlyMad

MildlyMad L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Might be a bit more compilcated than just drawring a monster though

4. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    It'd probably work if each person gets a 1024x1024 segment (for little numbers) or smaller for more people in the contest. Sounds like a good idea though.

5. Nutomic

Nutomic L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    Sounds cool, only problem is, that in one week, you wont be able to create more than the basic stuff, this would need more time :D

6. zaratustra

zaratustra L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    How about one week for the basic level modeling that'll be passed to the next architect, then one or two more weeks for polish?

7. Pianodan

Pianodan L3: Member

Positive Ratings: