pl_cliff edge

PL pl_cliff edge a7v2c

Billo

aa
Feb 8, 2016
in this version:
*fixed a few bugs and errors
*added some more clip to prevent people from getting inside a detail area near point B ( outside red's spawn )
*added 2 health packs to last point ( one medium and one small ) so as to help the attackers a bit.
*moved the small mark on point C that indicates when the second exit from cellar opens. ( to find why look at the notes )

And now here are a few changes / fixes and images i forgot to metion/add.

Note: i am constantly lauching cliffedge every now and then and running around and trying different stuff in order to spot some problems, bugs ,etc.

* fixed being able to place stickies on this metal thingy on point C from the cellar and still be able to damage-kill people on top of it.
20180714134334_1.jpg

* from Point B -> C i cleaned up the grid a lot. ( i made a spot a few months back and there is a picture to demonstate what i mean better above a few posts )

*made the rails around point B and C connect better and look better as well.

* i made the cellar flank a little bigger and i adjusted the lighting there more. in addition i widened up the staircases and i added a second exit door in order to make this flank more viable.
20180714134329_1.jpg 20180714134323_1.jpg

*lastly I redone this small building here just to be more easy to work with and also to look better :D
20180714134344_1.jpg

Notes:
In this version i tried fixing a few issues the map had and just make the experience - gameplay a little better until i release a8v2 which should be next week unless i need to rework Point A.

-A few words about the next version.
I really like the map so far i think its great , i have fun playing on it and i cant wait to reach beta ( though i learnt my lesson i wont rush again , i will take my time )

My plans for A8v2 is to rework these areas here :those.PNG

I dont like the cliff around this area at all. Neither those 2 buildings i have circled.
Like I said in the previous update i tried changing the cliff around this area but it didnt go like i wanted because of those 2 buildings here.
To be honest they dont work that good and not many people use them that much. So i decided to rework these 2 buildings and the cliff area as well.

If everything goes as i want , chances are that next week a8v2 will be released. The only thing that could delay this update is Point A because if i do such changes around Point B, i need to adjust them around Point A as well. But who knows :D

Anyway those are my plans for the next update. I will keep you posted of the progress i make like i did for a7v2.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Billo

aa
Feb 8, 2016
hey guys! Here is a small update on a8v2 i am working on for cliffedge and a few ideas i got. I will need your feedback for my ideas here cause it will affect point B a lot.

First of all i redone the building close to the cliff on point B like i said. It's not 100% done though. new building.PNG
I think it will improve the gameplay around point B by a lot.As an defender you can go inside that building and set up as engineer or use it for sniping etc. there medium packs as well. As an Attacker you can go inside the building from the down floor and end up to the small place that has those 2 red metals. ( dunno how else i can describe it lol )
I really want to give blu team some options for attacking. I will improve by a lot the cliff around Point B and add some more cover as well. I really want to have a medium health pack close to the cliff so as to have some interesting gameplay and of course deaths. i cant wait to see pyros use the pack as bait for airblasting people off the cliff :D
Also i forgot to say I moved the Cap B a little back so Blu Team can have an easier time capping the point if Red doesnt pay attention.

Now for my idea i got. People often tell me that the first red spawn is too close to the Cap B and I agree. though , i really like the idea that both teams can use the same spawn and i dont want to take this away. Another thing that concerns me is that Red team has only 1 exit and if blue team captures point B they cant get quick enough to point C. So my Idea is to move the red spawn here :
idea.PNG
As you can see i didnt move it too far or something But it gives blue team at least 2-3 more seconds to act than before and also it solves the problem that red team has only 1 exit to get out of there spawn. now when they get out they can either go to the cellar under their spawn , go left and be right outisde point C or choose right and go to the exit they always went anyway.

this idea has a drawback though but i may be able to pull this off without causing the following problem.
but.PNG
the new spawn i suggested would be way too close to that new area i created for point C. I could obviously try something like first barnblits spawn which has 2 exits and the one exit leads to the next point.
Anyways , thanks for Reading this long post i made. I would be really happy if i could get some feedback from this as soon as possible.

Billo

aa
Feb 8, 2016
In this version
*added a third red spawn room close to point C because Red team had a really hard time defending that point. ( the spawn is outside the building )
*fixed some issues such as the func_respawnroom for blu team at their second spawn didnt work. ( now it does lol )
*added a sniper model at first red spawn so as to balance it for both teams. ( the blue engie at first blue spawn was a distraction and now there is something like that for red team as well )

Notes:
Hey ya all!
while playing cliffedge i noticed that 9/10 times blue team overwhelmed Red at point C and it annoyed me. So to make Red's time defending this point I added a forward spawn for them outside point C so as to avoid past mistakes.
I dont know when i will release A8 but i think it would be next week or something because i will take part in the upcoming 72 hours mapping contest , I mean JAM. I will make another payload map and i have some really cool ideas i cant wait to make. About the next version like i said previously i am working on point B.I am changing the cliff area and some buildings around it so as to play better , though i am having some hard time making it but i will try not to delay this release for another 8 months.
But i can say that i have a plan which i think could work

Read the rest of this update entry...