ARENA Pitchfork

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
It is more complex than that really, sometimes people go and attack, but sometimes people just for some reason go and wait for enemy come from the cp route, it stays like that until someone uses one of the other routes and flanks enemy.

It is like there is two different flows, one good that is normal flow and one bad flow that happens every 3rd round, i blame the rather engy and camp friendly shed and cramped doorways at cp route, i guess we find that out when we test this.
If that doesn't help, i might try new cp desing i had in mind that would be quite mashup of older versions of cp and something entirely new.

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
As my new computer shipment is late, i decided to do new version that will be last map done with this piece of crap. (Probably)

I came across solution to flow issue but now i have new issues, huge sightline across the mid to the stairway to walkway, i really don't want add door to the place as it would make area pretty easy to camp, and doors on arena in general are pretty annoying, other thing to do would add wall or props front of the doorway but that would make mid outdoor areas cramped and that is something i don't want either.

So now i ask you, should i keep the sightline, as snipers have complained about lack sightlines and sniping spots on the map.

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
This version shall be my wave of goodbye to this piece of shit pc i have, when i get around making new version, i am using my new one instead.

Bye you piece of shit!

Oh, before i forget, changelog.

Alpha 7

- Did changes to mid.
- New way to mid area.
- Did changes to stair room, it is now has less useless space and engineer friendly.
- Did some changes to spawn points so players spawn and see both exits instead of one.

ricardojvc6

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 8, 2009
Awesome! This version is way better than a6! Good job Wilson. Job Well done!

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
I put DL up once site works like it should, right now it is begin bit unstable.

Also, Troll Pirate party is over, sorry if you had mental breakdown due such thing.

ALPHA 8

- No pirates (For real)
- Changes to stair room.
- Fixed one of spawn doors not opening some rounds.
- Clip fixes.
- Just to make sure you understand, there is no pirates anymore, calm down!

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
NOTES FROM TEST

- Do some changes to the mid doorway building to add some more interesting height difference.
- Lower the side doorways on mid building to prevent demospam.
- Move health pack on blue side as it is not in right place.
- Map is so fun Rexy didn't want to change it when mapvote extend it for good 20 minutes, this is good and gives me more motivation. (Thanks!)