Pit of Death?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Ducky Quackington, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Ducky Quackington

Ducky Quackington L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hello, I wanted to make a pit of death (The ones that makes your class scream as you fall) but I could not find what the trigger name is anywhere. Could I maybe get some help? Thanks!

2. sevin

aa sevin

Positive Ratings:
    It's not a specific trigger, just a trigger_multiple that activates the voice lines.

[​IMG]

Next time, try to find your answer in decompiled Valve maps. You can download them here or decompile them yourself using BSPSrc.

• Thanks Thanks x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ducky Quackington

Ducky Quackington L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Thank you, I will next time, once again thanks

4. 404UNF

404UNF No longer a "TF2 Beta/Cut Content Historian".

Positive Ratings:
    Where would one locate the parameters that can be used for SpeakResponseConcept? I see "HalloweenLongFall" but I can't find it in any game sound TXTs.

5. Crowbar

aa Crowbar perfektoberfest

Positive Ratings:
  6. Powerlord

Powerlord L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    SpeakResponseConcept uses the files in the tf2_misc_dir.vpk, specifically in the scripts/talker/ directory.

In a few files (response_rules.txt and events.txt specifically), you'll see "Concept" in quotes in various criterion lines.

The text immediately to the right of these are concepts you can get the game to say, such as "TLK_CART_MOVING_FORWARD", "TLK_ROCKET_DESTOYED", "TLK_PLAYER_SKELETON_KING_APPEAR", or "HalloweenLongFall"

Note that not all concepts apply to all classes (such as "TLK_GRAB_BALL" which is said when a Scout recovers a Sandman Ball).

The game will just ignore it if it doesn't apply (as no response rules will match it).

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  7. 404UNF

Positive Ratings:
    Oh perfect, so I can start experimenting with setting up talk response areas in my maps, and mess around with talk responses in sourcemod plugins (because I saw a plugin recently that adds in spoken lines for item drops), and I'll know that if I don't hear any voice lines in certain cases, something isn't working right. Decent, boys!

8. Powerlord

Powerlord L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    I keep the game_sound files and talker files in my tf2-data repository so people don't need to extract them themselves.

Also, since I know you're a plugin developer, plugins can also manipulate the sound system.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. 404UNF

Positive Ratings: