PIPEBALL Pipeball (Event)

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
pipeballevent0022.jpg

Now all that remains is making a skybox, fixing up doors and spawnroom visualizers

you spelled civilian wrong

Last edited by a moderator:
T

The Asylum

why doesnt photoshop have spellcheck dammit

IM TOO LAZY TO USE MY BRAIN

T

The Asylum

pipeballeventskyboxtest.jpg

nowhere near the final deal, but this is the general idea of what the finished skybox will look like.

hopefully I'll be able to finish this all up by Moday (lol Canadian Thanksgiving- If you ever wanted to know yes I am Canadian)

T

The Asylum

pipeballeventskyboxtestc.jpg

skybox is done like dinner

now all that remains is making sure everything is properly playerclipped, the out of bounds teleport is working, respawnroom visualizers, and all the displacements are sewn up

Release tommorrow? Very likely.

T

The Asylum

You know, for a map that had exactly zero beta testing, it's held together amazingly well based on the few times I've managed to play it on other servers. Of course there are a few minor cosmetic issues, but gameplay wise it's rock solid, and that's all that really matters in the end, right?

Here's hoping Valve doesn't introduce another wacky gimmick to Halloween Fortress...

T

The Asylum

And of course the halloween update includes a COMPLETELY AWESOME UNDERWORLD THEME

18323524.gif

ETA: I mean, just LOOK at this:

pipeballevent20000.jpg

how freakin cool would this shit have been

T

The Asylum

Alas, all good things must come to an end. And the last update apparently broke Pipeball Event. Right off the bat, my suspision is the Horsemann. I'll let everyone know once I figure out what's making the map crash.

ETA: Nope, it's the pumpkin bombs. Supposedly Valve "fixed" this problem with the update.

ETA2: Now this is strange. Restarting your steam client fixes this problem if you're running the map on a listen server. AFAIK restarting an actual server, though, doesn't. Looks like I'm just going to have to sit tight and cross my fingers that Valve fixes their "fix"