Pipe Dream

KotH Pipe Dream A3

gamin101

L1: Registered
Feb 1, 2021
Pipe Dream - A small Koth map that takes place in a very ineffective pipe system

This is baby's first map, so it's gotta be a koth map, right?
View attachment 142051
So the plan is that everything with the orange dev textures will be replaced with piping of some kind, either a bunch of smaller pipes, a pipe the size of that brush or some kind mix. Ideas for the 4 empty rooms that connect into the big pipe would also be very useful. Oh, I did find that jumping around as scout and soldier was kinda fun in the middle room, so feel free to try that.

The only thing I know I need to work on (outside of details) so far is the lighting, but I might as well and see if you lovely people will take a look at what I have so far while I learn how to properly light.

At this point I would like someone else to take a look at it and let me know if it looks alright so far, that I need to scrap everything or somewhere in the middle. Any feedback at all would be appreciated.

Here are the other screenshots I took, feel free to ask any question and leave any feedback. This is something I will love to get better at.View attachment 142049
20210201012737_1.jpg
20210201012822_1.jpg
View attachment 142053 View attachment 142054 View attachment 142055

Oct 15, 2018
Playing pyro sounds so fun on this map lol. Just airblasting people to the bottom of the pit.

gamin101

Feb 1, 2021
Playing pyro sounds so fun on this map lol. Just airblasting people to the bottom of the pit.

Oh, definitely. I first thought about making it a death pit but thought that would be too mean for anyone who gets knocked into it constantly by a flanking pyro or force of nature scout. so now its just ankle deep water to break the fall.

gamin101

Feb 1, 2021
**Update

Flattened the 4 outer entrances to the big pipes, plugged two sneaky leaks and added more of a celling to the middle room.
20210201214016_1.jpg

This version I'm hoping to get played tested, I wanna make sure that the layout works well to play in before I detail the map.
20210201220017_1.jpg

Read the rest of this update entry...

gamin101

Feb 1, 2021
Whoop! Big changes.

**UPDATE
-added an entire new section in between spawn and the middle room. something that probably should have already existed.
-moved the walkway in the giant pipe to let a team flank into the middle area, this will probably be more useful than it was before
-removed a room on both sides of the map that was connected to the giant pipes. the mirrored room of this is still there, but now has a team colored wall
-properly applied nodraw textures, no more obvious spots that you can gaze into the void (sorry about that play testers)
-adjusted the middle water level to no longer be able to hide teleporters
-made a better lower section that is no longer a part of the spawn, this is a part of the new section mentioned earlier
-added patches for health and ammo, no more will resources jump scare players

hope this new layout works well for anyone who decides to give it a try

Read the rest of this update entry...

Tiftid

the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
aa
Sep 10, 2016
In case you don't know, you can type "cl_drawhud 0" into the console to take screenshots with the HUD hidden. I don't remember if it also makes your crosshair disappear, but if it doesn't you can just type "crosshair 0".

gamin101

Feb 1, 2021
In case you don't know, you can type "cl_drawhud 0" into the console to take screenshots with the HUD hidden. I don't remember if it also makes your crosshair disappear, but if it doesn't you can just type "crosshair 0".

Oh ok, thank you, I'll make sure to use that when I take the next round of pictures