Persia

KotH Persia b4

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

Uriak

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Apr 27, 2008
Progressing. I've yet to do the new red hallways.

redone upper red area and stairs

and blue upper area

some storage room for blue. They've got to take those power nodes from somewhere..

and to test them before using them on the control point

Last edited:

Uriak

Apr 27, 2008
Since vader has done modelling the atmospheric canon, I may have it textured and added before Friday. It's animated but it's unlikely I'll do anything specific with it before beta phase, because there are various things to add (sound, laser effect & particles...)

As detailing goes, red indoors may be done in a couple days. With basic 3skybox, I hope to have finished before the week end. I've yet to get some external gameplay feedback, so no changes are to be expected. So maybe alpha 6 sunday or so...

Uriak

Apr 27, 2008
Mmm, so, I actullay worked the other way around, since I've got a bit bored with indoors. So I quickly designed the skybox, and began opening up the area behin the control point (since the crude wall was so saaad). Not finished, but it gives the general setting :

PS : I've found that Persia has been playtested on some custom servers (like 2fort2furious). Is there by chance anyone who could give me some feedback of how it went ?

Last edited:

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
I don't really like how that area turned out. It seems like it's missing something.

Uriak

Apr 27, 2008
There is the need for some visual point of interest before the transition map/skybox. Some fence + electric installation for the blue half, for instance.

Uriak

Apr 27, 2008

Well, indoors, now. Alas, Vader is going through issues with its model, so I'm unlikely to have it included for the next release. :(

Uriak

Apr 27, 2008
Found some satisfying style for red interiors, I should be done with them tonight.

By the way, for those who tryed the map, do you think I should close access for the spawns backrooms ? People sometimes complain about them, but seing them getting lost and raging about something they can ignore after 10s has something disturbingly encouraging.

Tapp

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 26, 2009
I love what you've done with this theme. With little more than 1 or 2 custom textures and a custom model, you've completely re-shaped the style of tf2. Good work.

Uriak

Apr 27, 2008
Next release is almost done. I'm going to focus on some sound and fx for the central point conquest process. Some gameplay sound may come in handy for spytechy events.

Uriak

Apr 27, 2008
Koth persia A6 released

First page updated to dl link

And bonus : RED's own way to test things... who needs a lab, anyway ?

Uriak

Apr 27, 2008
As as I feared there is a performance issue on the higher spots, because from there you can see both the central and the outer spawn areas. But I already have an idea that could solve it and avoid spawnkilling... two birds with one stone as they say...

@DabeatzProject : It's a power node that each team use while they're holding the capture point. Each minute, one node is plugged in (it appears with sparks) and after 4 minutes, the laser is fired (after victory)

Hellfire

L9: Fashionable Member
Jul 9, 2008
i actually do wanna test it. i think i saw dat map,but much earlier versions

Uriak

Apr 27, 2008
I submitted the A4 build to gameday, I think. I'm not especially eager to submit the new release, mainly because I'm a lucky bastard with a full 12v12 server to play with, whereas many mappers beg for playtesting, thus it's not a priority. I wouldn't mind having feedback from those servers which playtested it in the meantime, though.

Uriak

Apr 27, 2008
Persia goes beta !

Alas, some issues already arise and await some hotfix later

-- screwed with shadow control
-- and with soundscape
-- some clipping needed in specific spots

Well beta features HDR, fog, and skybox special effects for the laser. DL link updated

Hellfire

L9: Fashionable Member
Jul 9, 2008
whoooa! looking awesom. downloading

Uriak

Apr 27, 2008
Thanks. Well performances are an issue :( I can't rest in the incoming week, many things to fix (some easier than others...)

Last edited: