Payload/CP hybrid question

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by honorum646, Feb 6, 2010.

1. honorum646

honorum646 L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Ok, so what I want to do is to have a payload map where you must push the cart, blah blah until you reach a certain spot. Once you reach this you must have some people go and capture a cp. I was wondering if it was possible to do two things.

1. Change the HUD in the middle of the round from the payload to a cp and then back.

2. "Deactivate" the payload cart while the CP part is active.

I know this will be mainly done through logic entities and I/O, but I'm not that great with them. (Mostly because of lack of experience).

Thanks,
    Honorum646

2. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    HUD changing is impossible, I'm afraid.

3. Lancey

aa Lancey Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    The second a team_train_watcher is placed, the HUD is locked in Payload. Sorry.

4. Desubot

Desubot L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Im trying to do something kinda like that except the cp would toggle alternative paths to make the game go faster or slower. is it possible to use a cp in a pl map without it showing up on the hud?

5. megawac

megawac L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Yes. Just dont reference the capture point with any part of the team_train_watcher... If you to make the control point shown on the payload HUD as stops thats possible as well by referencing it as one of the control points.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Desubot

Positive Ratings:
    thanks for the help but i still cant seem to get it to work. it wont let me capture it and it shows up on the hud not as a node but over the cart with a cant capture symbol.
    it would make my life alot easyer if i could use a cp for its onteamcap output, much harder using trigger multiple and logic relays =P

7. Tapp

Tapp L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    I don't know how you would do the HUD, but you could just disable the trigger on the cart and re-enable it when the CP is capped.

8. Desubot

Positive Ratings:
    yeah i kinda gaveup using a teamcontrol point and instead used a trigger multiple with teamfilters and the cap point prop to toggle the alternative paths. i got most of it to work but only thing left is finding the caping sound