pass_warehouse Tips & Tricks

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by KubeKing, Aug 19, 2015.

1. KubeKing

aa KubeKing Back home in Jupiter, things are getting harder

Positive Ratings:
    I've decided to compile a list of tips and tricks for pass_warehouse as well as Pass Time in general as a gamemode. This list should (hopefully) change over time as the map is edited. To leave a tip or trick, just post it in a comment below, and I'll try to get around to bringing it up to the main thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Note: This may not be intentional, but since it hasn't been patched out of the game in the past few patches, the tip has been added.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  2. KubeKing

Positive Ratings:
    This thread is open to your own suggested tips and tricks for pass_warehouse, and I'll try to compile the list.

3. yoseph

yoseph L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I've found I've been able to stickyjump with the ball sometimes, but I'm not exactly sure how I managed it or how long after grabbing the ball you can detonate your sticks. . .

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. KubeKing

Positive Ratings:
    If you figure this stuff out, I should be able to make a formal tip out of it.

5. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    The sandman ball can steal the jack at range.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. KubeKing

Positive Ratings:
    I'm going to avoid adding bugs to the list unless they persist for a little while. Thanks for the contribution, however.

7. tyler

Positive Ratings:
    They haven't patched it out for 3 updates now? But they've removed other exploits. Not sure it will get patched. The baseball is already a separate projectile and can be reflected. It might be intentional.

8. KubeKing

Positive Ratings:
    Now that you say that, you're probably right. I'll add that in a second. But if it's patched out, obviously, the tip goes with it.

Edit: Done!

9. Tumbolisu

aa Tumbolisu  I ⌄ I 

Positive Ratings:
    Sandman-ball damage is melee damage. Heavies with the fists of steel take more damage from it too. You can also mark somebody else as "IT" with it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. KubeKing

Positive Ratings:
    I think all that Valve would have to do is specifically say that the Jack is to be transferred on all physics damage <other than> from the Sandman's ball (as I would imagine the ball and the bat register as different damage sources in-engine). I'm thinking this is how Valve patched the Short Circuit bug, but I'm not sure if the damage registration code is really that simple.

11. tyler

Positive Ratings:
    That makes me think that if the ball could not be melee damage, it already would be, so the jack-stealing properties may never be fixed.

12. KubeKing

Positive Ratings:
    I think that it makes sense for the ball to deal melee damage. I wouldn't imagine any weapon in TF2 dealing multiple damage types.

13. Tumbolisu

aa Tumbolisu  I ⌄ I 

Positive Ratings:
    I think the sandman's bat and ball do the same type of the damage, just different amounts. (or maybe even the same?) They can both have crits even. The stun effect is probably entire related as in how far you are away from the guy as you deal melee damage to him.
    If somebody can do this, increase the melee range of the sandman swing to near infinite and punch a bot from like 3 thousand units away. If he gets stunned, my theory is true.

14. tyler

Positive Ratings:
    The weird thing is the ball can be reflected but melee damage is just a very short-flying kind of bullet. So I don't know why the ball is doing melee damage considering no part of it is hitscan.

15. KubeKing

Positive Ratings:
    Can the Sandman's ball bounce off a wall and then still cause a stun? If so, how is the stun length calculated?

Also, I'm looking at the Wiki page, and yea, the ball is listed as melee damage.

16. Toomai

Toomai L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Flares are both bullet and fire damage. Cow Mangler charge shot is both explosive and fire.
    You can have a melee attack that deals fire damage, or a ranged attack that deals melee damage. The systems are independent. It's the same as any trigger_hurt really.

17. KubeKing

Positive Ratings:
    Oops, completely forgot about that stuff. Still, I do think that it's only logical for the ball to deal melee damage, as it wouldn't deal bullet, fire, or explosive damage. Counterpoint to myself- logical sense doesn't always make gameplay sense.

18. worMatty

aa worMatty Repacking Evangelist

Positive Ratings:
    In Pass Time it's possible to pass great distances. You can pass the ball from one side of the map to the other if you station team mates on both roofs and around the enemy goal, passing between them.

[​IMG]