Paradigm

MVM Paradigm b2

Darkstar

L1: Registered
Aug 24, 2012
Grr I just cant get this map to work. Missing map is what keeps coming up when I try to load this up. I have other maps running just fine but not this one :( . When I load the server up there is one file that doesnt get made and its the .bsp ZTMP file. Anyone run into this or know what I am doing wrong?

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Are you sure you installed the .nav file as well?

@L s D m T and Dyako. Thanks, I'll look into that, I'll probably clip the tree off entirely, bots seem to like getting stuck there.

L s D m T

Aug 24, 2012
1 more thing.. Any idea on how to have the server automatically change the .pop file to tf_mvm_popfile mvm_paradigm_a4a? It always stays on mvm_decoy/mannworks/coaltown

Thanks

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
I don't know. I thought the server automatically loaded the correspondingly named pop file. I think restarting the mission loads the correct file.

dyadko

Aug 19, 2012
Are you sure you installed the .nav file as well?

@L s D m T and Dyako. Thanks, I'll look into that, I'll probably clip the tree off entirely, bots seem to like getting stuck there.

That would be great.
People always forget to kill there bots. Only support runs and runs. :)

Darkstar

Aug 24, 2012
Grr I just cant get this map to work. Missing map is what keeps coming up when I try to load this up. I have other maps running just fine but not this one :( . When I load the server up there is one file that doesnt get made and its the .bsp ZTMP file. Anyone run into this or know what I am doing wrong?

UPDATE This problem has been resolved. The problem was that the map files I was trying to add were too big. "net_maxfilesize 64" must be added to the server .cfg if the map files are bigger than X amount. I hope that this helps anyone else who runs into the same problem in the future. =)

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
I'm sorry! GW2 is eating my time at the moment. I can compile what I've done so far (including the fixed tree) and release it for you tomorrow.

Jetti

L5: Dapper Member
May 2, 2010
Drfire, getting into the carrier tank is a terrible idea. It's low resolution in there, has no clipping and is relatively boring. Plus, the bots don't even spawn out of those things.

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
No, and nobody will probably do that because the prop is not made for players to get inside it, neither there is point to add such feature.

dyadko

Aug 19, 2012
When you respawn on the carrier you're stuck and must to change class few times for respawn on floor.
its ok when game in preparation stage. But during the wave...

Last edited:

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Hey guys. Anyone who played it today/played it recently, if you could answer these questions, It'd be great for my assignment.

Is there any parts you found particularly not-fun?
Are there any parts you found more difficult to defend than the rest of the map?
Do you like the snowy aesthetic?
Did you find the chokepoint near the start too powerful?
Did you find you never used a particular part of the map much?
Did you think that the bot paths were too spread out?
Do you think there needs to be a little more or less overall credit drops?
Any other comments?