operative

Daffy

L1: Registered
May 26, 2009
You will never confuse an enemy player--the bases might look predominantly one color or the other, but the lighting is quite neutral--those textures self illuminate and glow red or blue, but the light they produce from light.rad are much more white than any other color.

Ahh, excellent. A second round of applause for thinking so far ahead.

Zanpa

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 17, 2009
Don't knock it until you've tried it. It's also not dissimilar from 2fort's underground access. My whole intention in using these is to prevent the too well known ctf 'turtling' effect, caused by heavy defense and impenetrable fortresses. It's proven to work quite well in my alpha testing on my community server.
Did you notice the sentry gun blocking the pipe ? :D

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
This looks gorgeous.

And it's bloody CTF!

I can only imagine how great this map will be.

Noggin

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 17, 2007
Looks awesome glad you took the Intel contest entry further.

My only reservation is the colored lighting...

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Damn you, maintenance!

StoneFrog

L6: Sharp Member
May 28, 2008
I hate it when people give no indication they're working on a map or any insight to its progress and then BAM. Disturbingly awesome-looking map, already relatively finished at that.

I admire your layout drawing skills. :O

madmaster5000

Jun 17, 2009
i tried out the map and it looks freeking sweet. i love the intel rooms

however it looks like the middle room with the platforms the come up needs a lot of work, and maybe some alternate routes to get in there.

also there are some textures on doors that dont look right

and you can build stuff in the tubes above the middle room

other than that it looks pretty good and i cant wait to play it

Tom Foolery

Apr 13, 2009
:O this looks buttfucking amazing.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Update bump. Beta 1. See you all after extensive detailing.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
This is without a doubt the best CTF map in existence.

However, if I may make a suggestion?

Sirens. And Lights.

Remember 2Fort in Meet the Spy? I wanna see stuff like that happening when the flag is picked up.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
However, if I may make a suggestion?

Sirens. And Lights.

Remember 2Fort in Meet the Spy? I wanna see stuff like that happening when the flag is picked up.

That really sounds like a hot idea. I can certainly do something like that. Can you explain a little more of what you mean though? I'm thinking something like the light on the bombcart, that light with siren sounds. What were you thinking?

Apex_

L3: Member
Jan 23, 2008
That really sounds like a hot idea. I can certainly do something like that. Can you explain a little more of what you mean though? I'm thinking something like the light on the bombcart, that light with siren sounds. What were you thinking?

My good man if you were to find an unused wall in the spawn room(s) and assemble a smaller version of the lightup sign board from the video that displays a message in the same manner you would be a god. It wouldn't be terribly expensive in custom textures either, say a 3x3 sign grid of "random" boards, three of which spell out a message declaring the absence of the flag. If I recall the textures for the boards are pretty small.

Revolving alert lights (think old-style police dome lights) and a siren played at a reasonable volume in the vicinity of the intel room would be icing on the cake.

NovaSilisko

L42: Life, the Universe and Everything
aa
Feb 3, 2009
Cesus futtbucking jhrist

mtv22

Feb 28, 2009

Like all the lights go dim except for the red siren, which sticks out like a sore thumb. There are also many noises and sirens, a whole base change when the flag is picked up would be really sweet.

mtv22

Feb 28, 2009
Oh I have an idea, it's a bad example but sort of like in Monsters inc. when the little girl touches the monster and they quarantine the building. If you haven't seen it well, at least you're not a child like me. But it really illustrates what I'm thinking of.