New TF2 mappers community logo

Dox

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 26, 2007
Making the logo read "TF2Maps.net" instead of "TF2 Mappers" would be a good idea in my mind.
Actually, you're right there. I take back my statement, it's not awesome enough until it has the "correct" name. :p

but its for the TF2 Mappers steam group... not necessarily TF2Maps.net, even though its the same thing it might confuse people, we still want the steam group to attract mappers and not appear to be a shell to advertise some website.

On one of the servers I was on today I was asked to remove the "| TF2Maps.net" from my name since their server doesn't allow advertisements. We may be proud but others may view it in a less positive light.

Last edited:

Armadillo of Doom

Group Founder, Lover of Pie
aa
Oct 25, 2007
Edit 1: Went and added the new avatar. Looks even better against the Steam page backround. Top notch work m8 :)

but its for the TF2 Mappers steam group... not necessarily TF2Maps.net, even though its the same thing it might confuse people, we still want the steam group to attract mappers and not appear to be a shell to advertise some website.

On one of the servers I was on today I was asked to remove the "| TF2Maps.net" from my name since their server doesn't allow advertisements. We may be proud but others may view it in a less positive light.

You raise an interesting point Dox. Incidentally, I had the exact same problem yesterday. They were running a custom map I hadn't seen for awhile, so I thought it'd be a good place to pick up some new ones. So if we're not moving to a TF2Maps.net Steam group any time soon, how should we go about updating it and keeping it in time w/ the site?

Last edited:

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
Would look better if it was in TF2 colors. Brown and orange, etc.

l3eeron

Jan 4, 2008
Thats much better... but, can you make it look more like this?

TF2_logo.png

at least change the orange, it almost looks peach to me.

l3eeron

Jan 4, 2008
Well, I aint the best with photoshop, but I gave it a go...

TF2_logocopy.png

something like that anyway *sigh*

Vander

Feb 16, 2008
I was kind of thinking about this...what about making it a 'propaganda-esque'-poster kind of like what Nineaxis is a whiz at doing? I think that would fit the theme extremely well.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
I like the last one best, since it's got the colors of the actual TF2 symbol.

Buzzy

L1: Registered
Aug 9, 2008
But does it really need to have a refference to hammer?

Last edited:

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
I think the hammer is a great symbol of the community. Not only does it represent Hammer, it also represents construction in general, like modeling and stuff.

Dox

Oct 26, 2007
tf2mappers3jw8.jpg

This?

Edit:

tf2mappers4hp8.jpg

Or this?

I like the one with on top but i like the blue background, on the blue one though there is no shading to the TF2 symbol...