Need help with figuring out how to move stuff

Duan

L1: Registered
Jul 21, 2016
Hey guys. I'm working on an interesting game mechanic that I would like to implement in my future map but I'm having trouble with the major part so I came here to ask for help. So the whole point of the "game mechanic" is the control point on koth map. I want it to move the whole platform ( https://gyazo.com/090212f37bc8a496ec96d140719da6bf ) between 3 "stations" after being captured by any team (every station is exactly 256 hammer units above each other) So the platform will start on station 1 after capture moves to station 2 > station 3 > station 1 and repeat.
I tried multiple methods but nothing is actually working any help? Thank you

DrSquishy

we've all had better times to die
aa
Feb 10, 2017
a func_tracktrain with the point logic parented to it should work. Make sure you have path_tracks and all setup properly. You could also have a movelinear with SetPosition, 0 being the bottom station, 0.5 being the middle station and 1 being the top station assuming you don't want it to move any further

Oct 6, 2008
Yep, Squishy is right. For the func_tracktrain setup is

The Path Tracks Names
pathtrack 1 = station 1
pathtrack 2 = station 2
pathtrack 3 = station 3

the logic on the pathtracks is something like
pathtrack 1
- Onpass-stop your train name i.e. ThePlatform
- OnTrigger-start train forward (even tough it's going up)
pathtrack 2
- OnTrigger-start train forward (even tough it's going up)
pathtrack 3
- Onpass-Do whatever it is to end your game

The logic entity I'm thinking a relay(x2 one to act against the other i.e. if x then y) or a case (on case 1 x, 2 y)

Not quite sure how you're going to do the verticle thing though, we paly tested a CP map recently where the center platform went up and down - maybe that maker (curerntly active) can tell you how they did it.