Need help making sea waves like Banana Bay [unresolved]

JackHundeswald

L2: Junior Member
Jul 17, 2019
Hello everyone. I am still working on a personal project, some place to relax between competitive matches.
The view is great, but the sea is a bit boring. I wanted to add waves like on plr_bananabay and pd_cursed_cove_event. however, upon decompiling these maps and looking throught hammer, all I see is a white textures and Error models everywhere. My bspsrc might be broken, but I decided to come here to know if anyone has an idea on how it works.

Thanks in advance.

Pinsplash

bad bad bad
May 8, 2016
The custom things used in those maps were packed into their .bsp files, not the game files themselves, which means hammer can't find them. I think you can get them from bspsrc if you use the option extract embedded content.

JackHundeswald

L2: Junior Member
Jul 17, 2019
didn't work: bspsrc shows this:

[warning] PakFile: Skipped materials/nature/blandsandtojunglegrass001a_nodetail.vmt (exists)
[warning] BspSource: Can't extract embedded files, caused by org.apache.commons.compress.archivers.zip.UnsupportedZipFeatureException: Unsupported compression method 14 (LZMA) used in entry materials/maps/plr_bananabay/nature/blandsandtojunglegrass001a_nodetail_wvt_patch.vmt
at org.apache.commons.compress.archivers.zip.ZipUtil.checkRequestedFeatures(ZipUtil.java:358)
at org.apache.commons.compress.archivers.zip.ZipArchiveInputStream.read(ZipArchiveInputStream.java:444)
at java.io.InputStream.read(Unknown Source)
at java.nio.file.Files.copy(Unknown Source)
at java.nio.file.Files.copy(Unknown Source)
at info.ata4.bsplib.PakFile.unpack(PakFile.java:111)
at info.ata4.bspsrc.BspSource.decompile(BspSource.java:116)
at info.ata4.bspsrc.BspSource.run(BspSource.java:72)
at info.ata4.bspsrc.gui.BspSourceFrame$4.run(BspSourceFrame.java:359)

[warning] LzmaBuffer: Difference in LZMA data length: found 440 211 bytes, expected 440 209

Pinsplash

bad bad bad
May 8, 2016
oh yeah, that's because banana bay does something called repacking. this page mentions how to un-repack it. i cant remember the full process though. make sure you make a copy of the map file before you do it