My water in my map makes a leak and is invisible [Fixed somehow]

corpsgrinder360

L1: Registered
Jan 30, 2016
all water brushes that touch others make them invisible unless under water.
I did make a cube map because underwater is a missing texture which i didn't like.
I had also made a water.lod.control but kept everything default.

Now my map looks like crap because of this ;/

any help would be greatly appreciated

corpsgrinder360

Jan 30, 2016
The 1 leak is pointing to a prop sticking out of the bottom of the map its the 2_fort bridge prop but i'd like it to just stick out do i just make the floor blower or nodraw the part sticking out?

edit: apperantly nodrawing the bottom of the bridges worked lol it never bugged it before though XD

ics

http://ics-base.net
aa
Jun 17, 2010
edit: apperantly nodrawing the bottom of the bridges worked lol it never bugged it before though XD

Sometimes it is enough that a small part of the model is outside of the map causes a leak - but this is issue only for some models. Usually if the model origin is outside of map, this happens but i've seen cases where you need to seal the whole model inside the map in order to stop it from causing a leak.

Mar 23, 2013
but i've seen cases where you need to seal the whole model inside the map in order to stop it from causing a leak.

I think you are mistaken. Only the origin needs to be inside the map. It can also be inside a brush as long part of the model is inside.

corpsgrinder360

Jan 30, 2016
i ended up having to remove the prop entirely because it started making the entire map loot like i had fulled it with 94 area portals :/ hammer is wierd lol