aa
Jul 22, 2009
2iw97pt.jpg

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
B1 - Original Submission Version
- Fully artpassed with help from TheoF114!
- Added a small stairway up to the shipping crate at A point, opened up one of the windows behind it
- Modified walkway in A-B connector building to allow access to the doorway
- Other minor changes

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
B2
- Fixed being able to build in the river
- Fixed being able to shoot over BLU main spawn

- Fixed odd clipping in the A point garage
- Slightly adjusted some detailing

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
B3
- Removed green mothership phantom lights on the building just outside BLU spawn
- Improved clipping at B area
- Removed Island sign (full credit for it still goes to Scott Petty & Schmitz for it within older mudwater versions)
- Minor detail changes

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Some stuff:

FA3ABCF96BFDED38AB67DDCD6ED787B1D8FE387B

Some light bleed under both these crossbeams here. This can be fixed by splitting the wall behind the beam and making it nodraw on that side.

2F106C95A1C6DFE3D00DC670B1E6EF9D2AE3662A

These pipes are square on the inside. Might want to go ahead and make them circular.

DBB59C990CE4C818F56452674127BA6157818DCE

Self-explanatory.

44F59BEAF5786B94FA3F4342C00486A27F3F855E

E9C6B357A5A330F3CB5335389E8D496FC1DCB239

This just intrigued me. Why does water behave this way? It's like there are two materials and one behaves like an overlay.

FD87A22779D73641987334DB9677003D92B73FFA

Very bad framerate from here. It's in the 200s in other places.

E80E6DC8275E35C49A377511FB225D6E9377E651

Went in to try it with mat_wireframe on, and found a spot where it's even worse. (It wavers between green and yellow at the other spot when there are no players on.) Here, at least, the source of the issue is obvious: You never put in areaportals.

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
B4 - Mar 8th 2015
- Removed some MvA content
- Added in some fresh content
- Added a menu/loading screen preview
- Fixed some clipping
- Added a trainwreck at BLU spawn (particles subject to change)
- B point balcony now allows REDs to drop to the cliffside
- Full ammo on B point balcony turned to medium
- Medium health in big brick B point building turned to small
- Medium health on cliffside turned to full health to compensate for balcony change
- Lengthened round time greatly
- Slightly added to B point cap time

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2013
- Removed some MvA content
This map had some of the best detail scenes IMO. The atmosphere of it was great. I am hoping that this change does not mean you will remove the alien scenes like the one under the floor. But I assume you just wanted to remove the giant green space ship from over the point, and that you will keep the alien theme:

On a side note, from the pics it looks like the train crash was rather massive, which shouldv'e caused MUCH more smoke.

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
This map had some of the best detail scenes IMO. The atmosphere of it was great. I am hoping that this change does not mean you will remove the alien scenes like the one under the floor. But I assume you just wanted to remove the giant green space ship from over the point, and that you will keep the alien theme:

On a side note, from the pics it looks like the train crash was rather massive, which shouldv'e caused MUCH more smoke.

Thanks, I was pretty proud of how the visuals came out and TheoF114 did a nice job detailing it (I tuned a few things after, but I can't really take any credit). I did remove one of the alien scenes, but I'm considering re-adding it - people really seemed to like it - and yeah the idea was to remove the mothership, though I may re-add it at some point (or I'm also considering an easter egg that brings it out).

As for the train wreck, it's a recent thing that was added in B4 to make the BLU spawn area a bit more interesting. The particles are purely WIP, and I'm still looking for a better one (Gullywash did have a good one, but sadly it's a skybox one so that's no good really).

The train wreck for reference:
26c0d707d5.jpg

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
How badly would the railway have to mess up to get two trains to collide head on like that?

A few theories I might expand on later:
  • X team owns the railway and sent a train to hit the other
  • X team plants a train to hit the other
  • X team stops a train on the lines to get the other to hit it

Basically, all involve train warfare.

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
$50 that that's the next installment in the Call of Duty series.

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
I thought it was all about the aliens?
Like, there's a freaking spaceship in the sky and alien props everywhere, what does the train have to do with it?

unless...

That was not my idea but now I absolutely have to do a S8 reference, I loved that movie.

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
Planning to update this over the weekend (to B5), mainly to try and be going through the feedback I got from Valve about 6 months ago (among other entrants). For reference, the feedback:
Valve said:
Mudwater
For an attack/defend map, there seemed to be too many flanking routes for the attackers to surprise the defenders. The defenders might have to spread themselves too thin to cover all of the routes.
There was no obvious front for the fighting. Players were spread out all over the place.
No landmarks for communication.
River vista near control point B is cool and easily missed. It would be good to bring that more into the map for players to see, which could also serve as a point of reference for orientation.

What I plan to do in B5 will include:
  • Restructure of B point so there's a main route on to the bridge area (might even involve straight up removing the bridge and replacing it with terrain)
  • Skybox that's a bit more than just skycards, still planning to have a day version (or even make it day, which would be necessary for me to be doing if I do)
  • More landmarks as valve says, probably just some aesthetic changes
  • Reconsider how many flanks I have (the layout seemed to be designed with being control points with a pile of flanks instead of 3 routes [height, main, flank])
  • Maybe more alien things / re-adding some alien things, I miss them. If not, it'll be a case of new things referencing them
  • Reminded by the above post that I really wanted to do some Super 8 stuff with the train, might try and make it a bit more referencing of that (and get better smoke particles that fit more).

Not sure what Valve is suggesting with the final feedback about the river vista and if they want the actual river to be more visible or just the route itself. Either way, I will probably get around to doing both.

Edit: Martial A10 too most likely. Some things were clear after A9 (adding a forward spawn changes a lot for a start). Also probably nearing beta on that, which will be likely to happen in a few weeks when schools are out of session for the year (will not be a collab, I'll be re-artpassing it for the fun).

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
I think they want the river on B to be more prominent as a whole. It makes a good landmark, why not direct more combat over there?

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
Huh, Valve gave feedback for some of the MvA maps? Odd I didn't know that.

Last edited: