mpl coding question

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Kill_the_Bug, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Kill_the_Bug

Kill_the_Bug L14: Epic Member

Positive Ratings:
    still working on my mpl (multiple payload) game mode.

As some of you already know, I've been using a modified plr coding style but some things are bugging me about it:

1] Hard coding of the red cart can't be fixed causing player confusion issues
    2] Custom HUD - even though packed seems to wok and then not work instead of constant through out.

So

I was thinking of - 3 train_watchers

1 > Cart A, 1 > Cart B, 1 > Final Payload
    - This way I can have have blue glow around all the carts
    - I can used stock HUD icons/set up

I'm thinking I can modify the position (plus length/width/height) of the The HUDS on the screen and have them all all active at the same time (since they will be cart specific) and use conditional logic relays for game win/loose items).

Any ideas? Does it sound like it would work?

2. fubarFX

aa fubarFX The "raw" in "nodraw"

Positive Ratings:
    cart outline colors can be changed by using item_teamflags of the wanted team. As for the hud, well, have fun buddy

3. Kill_the_Bug

Kill_the_Bug L14: Epic Member

Positive Ratings:
    Question:

Anyone ever seen (or tried to make) a pl hud go right>left or bottom>Up or Top> down?

I've looked at the HUD Files and there seems to be co-ordinates that you can play around with - before I play around with them, I was just wondering if anyone else has attempted to modify it and could post their results.

4. fubarFX

aa fubarFX The "raw" in "nodraw"

Positive Ratings:
    if you want to go from right to left, there's one easy solution. you can use negative cart speeds to make the cart travel from the end node to the start. there's a couple problems that can occur tho, I'm not sure how rollbacks are handled.

• Thanks Thanks x 1