Mojang's New Game: Scrolls

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Leminnes, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Leminnes

aa Leminnes

Positive Ratings:
    http://www.scrolls.com/

Card Based Board Game? I'm not really sure.

Edit: Information from Joystiq:

The fact that Jerry Holkins has ANYTHING to do with the story makes me want it now. Goddammit. :|

Edit 2: Even more information at PCGamer.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  2. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    And there is more Info on Kotaku.

I feel like this game is dwelling under minecraft's success, so people might judge it with high standards in mind...

Now I'm not saying that it would spectacular, and that I won't try it. But when it does come out people are going to have to remember that it isn't minecraft, its something completely different.

I love strategy games, just sayin.

3. Leminnes

aa Leminnes

Positive Ratings:
    The more I read about it, the more I want to play it. It actually sound fairly interesting. But I really need to see gameplay and try it out to say anything definitively.

4. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    I'm sure this is good news for most people, but personally I'm a little bit disappointed. I've never liked card games, and the fantasy setting is so boring. Oh well, maybe next time!

5. red_flame586

red_flame586 L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hmmmm, this could be interesting. I've never been much of a fan of CCGs, but Mojang kinda seem to know what they're talking about it. Looking forward to this.

6. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
    This looks like Magic the gathering.

Magic is cool.

The art looks nice already, can't wait.

7. red_flame586

red_flame586 L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    According to the Mojang website, scrolls is still 'THE GAME WHICH HAS NOT BEEN ANNOUNCED YET (TM)'...

Come on Mojang, can't you do everything

*Sigh*

8. Bermuda Cake

Bermuda Cake L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    not my kind of game, but I'm sure they'll do a good job of it.

9. Vincent

aa Vincent 🔨 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi 🔨

Positive Ratings:
    We shall see.
    Art looks promising.

10. Randdalf

aa Randdalf

Positive Ratings:
    Apparently it's played on a board, so it's not a card game of that ilk gameplay wise (thank god, Magic is so caught up in its own terminology it's horrendous when trying to learn to play it).

I really hope they don't take the micro-transaction route and go with the get cards through virtual currency earned by winning. Although it's already look stormy on that front.

Love card games though. I think Yu-Gi-Oh! has incredibly interesting gameplay, and it's great trying to build the perfect deck.

11. Vincent

aa Vincent 🔨 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi 🔨

Positive Ratings:
    Don't even got me started on that.

Oh protip: You can have a one turn win deck, I'm not even joking. Make your whole deck just cards that keep you from playing any type of one color mana.

Even if you're using multicolored mana just play another one of those cards.

Magics in a pretty sorry state, I hope Scrolls doesn't turn out like that. Not that I think it will.

12. WastedMeerkat

WastedMeerkat L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Just from reading the front page of the website and the descriptions of the cards in the images, I can tell there will need to be a lot of grammar revision. But English is not their primary language, so I'll forgive them. Still, it bothers me.

13. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
    Magic is fine. it has rules and regulations that you seem to be ignoring that stop one-turn decks from being possible.
    Magics terminology is easy to learn. I did it through casual play, so I don't know what the problem is.
    And YuGiOh just has superfluous zeros. At least the wizards of the coast people are sensible enough to realize that people hate large numbers to add and subtract in your head.