Model WIP spyloadpaycart

Cerulean

L3: Member
Sep 12, 2008
After my first half-assed attempt making a payload cart, I decided to try again, focusing on the spytech theme.

Pic below, but first, read.

This model is for push style payload... a cart that travels in two directions. I used the cart base from my last model. The dispenser/consoles are pretty much done, now focusing on the bomb itself. I'll also have to make it look a little prettier once the bomb is done... that's a personal challenge.

Pic in HLMV:

spyloadpaycart1.jpg

In game (ignore my orientation accident):

spyloadpaycart0000.jpg

spyloadpaycart0001.jpg

Last edited:

zornor

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 14, 2009
Looks sweet, I can't really find anything to criticise.

This is exactly what my friend is looking for, too :)

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
I need SOMETHING to work with soon. This looks very promising, I think I'll be using this when it gets completed.

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
The bomb's texture could do with a little more character but apart from that I like it. :)

Cerulean

Sep 12, 2008
While I haven't done anything to the bomb yet... I did figure out shading (the ambient occlusion shader, finally!!!); No more fake shading in Photoshop. Now I just have to figure out how to render the files I need...

Suggestions for the bomb? It is intended to explode (for those map-making, goldrush-particle stealers).

Here's a render from XSI:

spyloadpaycart_ambientocclusion.jpg

Last edited:

laghlagh

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 15, 2008
multicolorcart_uZR.jpg
Right now the surfaces look like plastic. Add (to the texture) som worn off areas (it's metal right?) and other detail, especiallt on the middle part. The colored parts are also too saturated. It's not clear what kind of surface it is supposed to be: Plastic? Metal? Concrete?

Last edited:

Homeroe

L1: Registered
Sep 8, 2008
My guess is that it would be some kind of metal, coz right now it looks like a water/gas tank.

As above guy said, add some metal texture, worn off areas, and maybe a nuclear sign or something like that.

Jive Turkey

Jan 22, 2008
Maybe bevel the edges of those consoles. It would help them look less flat-shaded and more like a typical dispenser which if you look has practically no hard edges on it. Maybe dull the red and blue a bit as well. As Notoorjus said they look too saturated. Bring that down and they'll look more like the other models. I guess the spytech stuff in general is a little more saturated than say, the engie's buildings, but in reality those consoles and things typically aren't outdoors models, so they wouldn't have the sunbleached look that this cart probably should have. Minor things though. It's a cool model.

Also: Christ Homeroe, what have you done to Mario's face.

Owlruler

L12: Fabulous Member
Dec 10, 2008
This looks really nice Cerulean but what about the large switch model, I don't want that to be abbandoned :(.

Also, Jive Turkey, it's mario from 64, where in the introduction screen, you could strech mario's face.

Dustoxx

Jan 9, 2009
Looking better! :)

However i'm not sure what that "sticker" is on the side of the load.

StoneFrog

May 28, 2008
It's moving along nicely! I didn't care much for your model but now that you've dirtied it up a bit and the bomb doesn't look like a radioactive watercooler, it's pretty awesome-looking so far.

laghlagh

Jul 15, 2008
Much better! I think the completely black straps and the almost entirely white handles should be more neautral. And the overlay has to go.

Last edited: