Model WIP spyloadpaycart

Discussion in 'WIP (Work in Progress)' started by Cerulean, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Cerulean

Cerulean L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    After my first half-assed attempt making a payload cart, I decided to try again, focusing on the spytech theme.

Pic below, but first, read.

This model is for push style payload... a cart that travels in two directions. I used the cart base from my last model. The dispenser/consoles are pretty much done, now focusing on the bomb itself. I'll also have to make it look a little prettier once the bomb is done... that's a personal challenge.

Pic in HLMV:

[​IMG]

In game (ignore my orientation accident):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  2. zornor

zornor L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Looks sweet, I can't really find anything to criticise.

This is exactly what my friend is looking for, too :)

3. Icarus

aa Icarus

Positive Ratings:
    I need SOMETHING to work with soon. This looks very promising, I think I'll be using this when it gets completed.

4. Psy

aa Psy The Imp Queen

Positive Ratings:
    The bomb's texture could do with a little more character but apart from that I like it. :)

5. Fraz

aa Fraz Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.

Positive Ratings:
    Looks Awsome :D

6. Cerulean

Positive Ratings:
    While I haven't done anything to the bomb yet... I did figure out shading (the ambient occlusion shader, finally!!!); No more fake shading in Photoshop. Now I just have to figure out how to render the files I need...

Suggestions for the bomb? It is intended to explode (for those map-making, goldrush-particle stealers).

Here's a render from XSI:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  7. laghlagh

laghlagh L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG] Right now the surfaces look like plastic. Add (to the texture) som worn off areas (it's metal right?) and other detail, especiallt on the middle part. The colored parts are also too saturated. It's not clear what kind of surface it is supposed to be: Plastic? Metal? Concrete?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  8. Homeroe

Homeroe L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    My guess is that it would be some kind of metal, coz right now it looks like a water/gas tank.

As above guy said, add some metal texture, worn off areas, and maybe a nuclear sign or something like that.

9. Jive Turkey

Jive Turkey L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Maybe bevel the edges of those consoles. It would help them look less flat-shaded and more like a typical dispenser which if you look has practically no hard edges on it. Maybe dull the red and blue a bit as well. As Notoorjus said they look too saturated. Bring that down and they'll look more like the other models. I guess the spytech stuff in general is a little more saturated than say, the engie's buildings, but in reality those consoles and things typically aren't outdoors models, so they wouldn't have the sunbleached look that this cart probably should have. Minor things though. It's a cool model.

Also: Christ Homeroe, what have you done to Mario's face.

10. Owlruler

Owlruler L12: Fabulous Member

Positive Ratings:
    This looks really nice Cerulean but what about the large switch model, I don't want that to be abbandoned :(.

Also, Jive Turkey, it's mario from 64, where in the introduction screen, you could strech mario's face.

11. Cerulean

Positive Ratings:
  12. Dustoxx

Dustoxx L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Looking better! :)

However i'm not sure what that "sticker" is on the side of the load.

13. Cerulean

Positive Ratings:
  14. StoneFrog

StoneFrog L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    It's moving along nicely! I didn't care much for your model but now that you've dirtied it up a bit and the bomb doesn't look like a radioactive watercooler, it's pretty awesome-looking so far.

15. laghlagh

laghlagh L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Much better! I think the completely black straps and the almost entirely white handles should be more neautral. And the overlay has to go.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009