Mixing Gamemode Logic

Maertzi

L1: Registered
Apr 23, 2023
Ok so are there any guides/resources for mixing gamemodes? With the recent uptake in koth/pl maps, I was wondering if there were any videos/resources on how to mix the logic of cp and pl! Specifically, I want to be able to have a captured point determine what team can push a cart. (I.e.: If the point is captured by Red, Red can push the cart. If the point is captured by Blu, Blu can push the cart.)

Tiftid

the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
aa
Sep 10, 2016
This map does essentially exactly what you're describing, and links to a prefab:

Maertzi

L1: Registered
Apr 23, 2023
This map does essentially exactly what you're describing, and links to a prefab:
OO thank you! It isn't exactly what I have in mind, but that prefab will probably be helpful to take a look at! (The main difference is how it is a KOTH mode and then a PL mode after, whereas I want both at the same time)

Tiftid

the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
aa
Sep 10, 2016
If that's what you want, then investigating a hybrid CP map would probably be a better idea:
Even in standard PL maps, the payload is driven along by a cap point trigger.
So it's hardly a far-fetched idea to have the cap point trigger be stationary at a location distant from the cart, and have that cap point move the cart remotely until it reaches a point in the playable space. (Yes, this is actually how hybrid CPPL maps work).

What you could do is extend that logic to PLR: Take a standard PLR prefab, remove the parent entity from both of the cart cap triggers and move them to a neutral location, stacked on top of each other.