Maps I have try to run no longer work as intended.

Retro_Pybro

L1: Registered
Feb 11, 2023
Explanation on how I think the problem started through my file explorer, I attempted to rename a map file which opened a open with tab, I clicked back on my file explorer but it was already to late. Now map files wont compile correctly to the game hammer telling me "The command failed. Windows reported the error: "The system cannot find the file specified." I tried running the map directly through tf2's dev console, it only showed my first version of the map. Decompiled Valves maps I downloaded from this site wont load either. I have put my logs into interlopers errors checker, but I only shows a skybox error that has been a issue before this incident. I can work on maps still but I cant open them directly through hammer unless they are recent. Ive searched forums, tutorials, videos but can't find a fix.

Right now I'm at a stand still until I'm able to find a solution help would be appreciated so I can get back to my projects.

spruce

L2: Junior Member
Aug 14, 2022
Now map files wont compile correctly to the game hammer telling me "The command failed. Windows reported the error: "The system cannot find the file specified."
I don't remember what I usually do to fix this but as far as I remember it's related to the filename and/or file location

• For filenames, do not use spaces in the map names or it won't work at all (I doubt this is your issue)

• For file location, Save the .vmf out of whatever folder you usually have your maps in and try compiling again

• Another possible solution is copying the entire map, copy it, create a new map file, paste it then save under a different name then compile it

Retro_Pybro

L1: Registered
Feb 11, 2023
I don't remember what I usually do to fix this but as far as I remember it's related to the filename and/or file location

• For filenames, do not use spaces in the map names or it won't work at all (I doubt this is your issue)

• For file location, Save the .vmf out of whatever folder you usually have your maps in and try compiling again

• Another possible solution is copying the entire map, copy it, create a new map file, paste it then save under a different name then compile it
File names are correct and were never changed, even the "Valve Maps(Decompiled)" wont load. All map files I have is under a .vmf file and made a new map to test which worked but the Valve Maps crash when I try to run them through hammer any ideas?