Mapping Intention

Moose

L6: Sharp Member
Nov 4, 2009
have you noticed that was my first map ... and im working in a version 2 and i remake all my basic in finalway_falldown?

I haven't had a chance to seriously look at that map, but I do know that you decided to pack a 60 mb wav file in it.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
have you noticed that was my first map ... and im working in a version 2 and i remake all my basic in finalway_falldown?

You have an issue in falldown. It should NOT be 73MB.

Goldengirl, I'm not the best mapper here, but I do know enough that if you want to make a good start map (like KoTH or CTF), I am willing to help you, or direct you to guides that will help.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Moose... Wait, there is 60MB wav file in there? What are you doing?

Moose

Nov 4, 2009
I said I'm not the best, and your right, I am on map 2. But I still know the basics, and can offer decent feedback for maps. I'm just trying to be helpful.

I'm pretty sure he was talking to quakeman. Personally, I think you're a competent enough mapper to give advice and know what you're doing.

GoldenGirl

Banned
Feb 15, 2011
i know him (irl) and i can tell that its in his nature to alway talk. hes not a bad guy and he dont realy anoy me.
hes funny , he just try to go faster and he always ask a question.
the half of the time he found the answer before he got an answer.
i guess its a kind of prevention , in case he dont found. not sure of what im saying.

i see that he failed to make his reputation here and sure you may be better than him so as you know i got a steam glitch ,i suggest you to comunicate whit me on the chat system im always on , msn.

you can join me each time i finish school at jessyandgold@hotmail.fr

not that i hate steam chat but i just cant tak or send message on it.

i would be happy if anyone of you spend some of his time to help me.

actualy the problem i have is to make terrain whit some kind of effect of a non linear terrain
300px-Hammer_displacements12.jpg

something like that

Moose

Nov 4, 2009
How do you use source sdk if you don't have any games on your profile, goldengirl?

nik

L12: Fabulous Member
Aug 14, 2009
If you want to talk in French, do it in private chat.

Please use English if you're going to talk on a public board.

fubarFX

The "raw" in "nodraw"
aa
Jun 1, 2009
yeah sure it's sorta alright because it's her topic but you're still excluding everyone from this discussion by switching language. very impolite

oh and goldengirl, I figured out why your chat/friend list doesn't work. you need to own a game on steam first before unlocking these features

GoldenGirl

Banned
Feb 15, 2011
i have many game already ... i have hl2 episode 1 , 2 , css , gmod , tf2 , and many other games ... i just cant get on cht and my profile if fucked up ... its always say im offline.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
If i remember correctly, I had a friend with this issue, some random obscure settings that put in you offline mode until you tell it otherwise.

Also, I have heard that Anti-virus can cause issues with what files are sent/recieved. I know I had a friend who had this issue with TF2, he said something about how it can effect steam also.

GoldenGirl

Banned
Feb 15, 2011
know any way to fix that?