slotstransparent
challenge_png

[Spin again]

Last edited:

Skylark

Super Gay Developer
aa
Aug 9, 2018
I had this idea for ages and finally got around to making it. I am taking suggestions as currently I just stole everything from Connect 5

Stuttering is still there but is the best I can get it

Also may as well share this graph I made to animate the spinning

Also, fun fact, in total there are 7'845 frames of animations, total size of 150MB, across 33 different animations with only 165 frames being empty (5 empty frames at the start of all animations, so 7'680 frames with content). The wheels were made in Adobe Illustrator and animated programatically with F# (I will not be sharing the source unless I clean it up, I will not clean it up), in total taking just over 8 minutes to generate every animation (which is fast considering I didn't even try to opimise my alpha mask other than converting a bitmap into a float[,]) and create webp's from them with webpmux which had to be converted into apng's manually due to quirks I thought I could skirt around but made things worse and caused bad stuttering. The wheel generation is made with a PHP script that just redirects to a random image, refreshing is all that is needed for the outcome to maybe be different.

Last edited: