Map idea: Ng_funisland

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by NerdKoopa, Nov 5, 2009.

1. NerdKoopa

NerdKoopa L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    So, the idea goes like this: A quite big map with no goals (ng_) but filled with other little fun activities. Such as a hotel (acts as the spawnpoint), a melee arena, a pool, a hamburger stand, rideable train and a "capture the printer" arena. The map would be mainly used to just have fun, or make machinima. I have the skills to make this (but not the time at the moment). But should I make it? Please tell me what you think. Remember, this map would not be used in serious competitive matches at all.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  2. martijntje

martijntje L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    if you do it well, then yes.

seems like a good idea for a collaboration, everybody makes a small mini-map and and when you put everything together you get a massive island.

3. DasMatze

DasMatze L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    A long time ago, when I hadn't that much experience, I started a map like that. It was called achievement_playground. It started with two spawns, a cannon, pyro tennis and a test-landmine for a minefield:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

This post is only meant for giving a bit inspiration. ;) I'd like to see a map like that too!

DasMatze

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Blue552

Blue552 L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    A TF2 theme park. That'd be sick.

5. martijntje

martijntje L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'm off buildign a payload rollercoaster

6. DasMatze

DasMatze L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I can offer a bit inspiration for that as well ;)
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I_9b6a-KpU"]YouTube- [RCT3] Team Fotress 2 - The Ride[/ame]

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Stormcaller3801

Stormcaller3801 L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Sounds like my map, only mine's less an amusement park and more of a playground.

8. NerdKoopa

NerdKoopa L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks! This will certanly come in handy. I think the burger stand could look something like this: [​IMG]
    What do you think?

9. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    They're normally called "lolmaps", since you just mess around on them. People usually put them as the prefix achievement_ because, well, they're simple for idling :p