Mann Manor

CP Mann Manor Final release

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
I meant the map itself, not the assets. I know you plan to release those, but I am interested in playing this.

Languid

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 9, 2009
:D

EDIT: OK folks, go home, the contest is won.

Just look at this:

artpassym0000.jpg

artpassym0001.jpg

Fix those cubemaps though, YM

Last edited:

Karnage

L3: Member
Mar 19, 2010
I really love the theme! a couple things though:
[1] Does it look like this for everyone else? I had that issues all over the map... It's really bright and shiny =/ I tried rebuilding the cubemaps but it crashed tf2
[2] I think there should be a sign for red team indicating a route to point A on that wall
[3] That pipe seems out of place
The blinding shinyness was the only major thing, everything else is awesome

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
I didn't have the shininess issue at all. Pipe seems fine.

I felt like there are a lot of tractors, but otherwise this is beautiful. I really like what you did to poor old Redmond.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Oh, cubemaps may be messed up on HDR, if they are just turn specular off and have a sincere apology

EDIT: yeah I'm slow, the other option is to swap to LDR if you want to see the proper specularity.

Languid

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 9, 2009
Detail sprites are your enemy:
artpassym0002.jpg

Now to finish my artpass instead of running around yours

Last edited:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
noooo please don't reveal stuff like that! Where's the fun if you post spoilers within 20 minutes :(

Last edited:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
thanks for taking it down, sorry for calling you a turd :p

Also, you only found one of the many hidden things ;)

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Well I'm screwed. Cubemaps don't want to work for no good reason at all. I remove them all and place 2 new ones, compile, buildcubemaps, works fine. I add the other 20 necessary and compile, buildcubemaps, crash.

How is 20 cubemaps too many for you source! You puny, pathetic engine!

:You're making me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry:

(Yes that's a real smiley)

Last edited:

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
Seems about 3 or 4 people have had this cubemap crash on artpass now. I'll say again I solved it by just replacing all my cubemaps but you seem to have arleady done that...

Still, cubemaps built or not, this is seriously epic.

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
Out of bounds areas are sometimes hard to recognize. There's three areas that are especially bad and people try to jump to: The graveyard (extending the wooden fence to all the way along the cliff would work), the gravekeeper's shack (the hiding thing before B, it has a huge gap between the tyres and the wooden planks, making it seem like you can go there), and the roof left of A, seen from RED's side, as there's a ladder on it that makes it seem like you should be able to play around on there.

That said, these are minor things and could be tweaked afterwards if needed.

One personal thing is the R logo and the skulls, I think they leave little open to interpretation and aren't stylistically as fitting in the TF2 universe, might've been better to leave the jars and clocks just in a solid colour and the large flags with a more generic weapon. I guess something like that is up to Valve to decide, though.

Other than those, looks magnificent and real fun, good luck with the contest.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I think the cubemaps are now sorted out, fortunately! There is still time to work on fine tuning details etc so please feel free to download and let me know what you think of it. Everything is appreciated, broad suggestion or specific.

last night's (cubemap deficient) compile:
Final day openess,

You can download last night's compile here

Tell me what you think.

Feb 14, 2008
Running around it, any qualms about it being non TF2 style completely go away, it's absolutely stunning. Rexy did a great job on all the models, I especially liked the coffins.

My only issue was how dark the attic above the final point was. I don't know if this was to do with the cubemaps issue, but the floor was almost pitch black.

Edit: Oh yeah, and add little clip ramps up to the stones in front of the fireplace.

Last edited: