Mainline

CP Mainline rc5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008
Swaty i thought under that metal walkway there was water running. I would think you could make it so where you have the wood going over the break that there might be some water hole there or something. Or maybe just you see the water from under those grates like a flowing thing of water to that puddle. It would be a great idea in my opinion.

That sounds really coo actually, the wood would look alot nicer than metal. You could actually make it look like tree routes from the trees on final. Though layout is the main problem right now.

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
BETA 2 IS OUT

Change Log from B1 to b2

-Fixed spawn doors sticking out when opening.
-Fixed some nodraw visisble leaks in some places.
-Fixed a bunch of playerclipping problems.
-Disabled collision on some props.
-Added 3D skybox
-Redesigned middle cap, and the bridge.
-Added some height variation to 2nd and 1st cap.
-Added an underground path to the middle point.
-Increased the fog.
-Added more details.
-Added more lights.
-Increased fps at mid point.
-Reduced the filesize by 7 MB.

anzrb5.jpg

ou39jo.jpg

i53ji9.jpg

mvhtsh.jpg

2qmlykk.jpg

cq72x.jpg

e7ckdt.jpg

f27twi.jpg

Last edited:

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
Im almost done with beta 3, a lot of people have helped me lately with playtesting the map and I have some changes i will do in beta 3.

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
I added some lights at the last point because it was very dark.
2l93zf4.jpg

You can finally get on top of the tree in b3.
2r27ucg.jpg

I made some other changes, too lazy to take more pics. I'll post more later.

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
Those platforms looks great just what i was talking about.

Did you fix the clipping issues on the trees/midpoint?

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
Beta 3 is out guys.

Change Log from B2 to b3

-You can finally get on the trees.
-Fixed some clipping problems.
-Fixed some no draw issues around the map.
-Added more details.
-Fixed a problem with the mid cap.
-Added more health/ammo.
-Added more lights in some areas.
-Fixed the stairs in the middle.
-Fixed the deadly doors.
-Retextured some parts of the map.
-Improved fps in the mid point.
-Fixed a problem with the underwater route.
-Reduced the filesize a bit.

keptfireball

L1: Registered
Jun 25, 2009
I think swaty knows most of those points pekken. I agree with most of it with the trees and and little entrances and flanking points. Map is turning into a really good looking map :) keep up the good work

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
Played this today on the the ville custom map servers and everyone enjoyed it alot actually.
cpreelfootb30000.jpg

You can get stuck in these trees if you miss the jump up their, its very annoying and you have to kill yourself or shoot the tree to blow yourself out of the hole to get out. There are a few spots where you can get stuck.

Other than that i love b3, except for the clipping on mid, it looks cool but at least make the stairs usable or dont look like stairs.

Masakari

L1: Registered
May 14, 2008
Yeah! After the playrun that you and SWATY had on the server with like 8 people or so, we ended up playing on it with a full server of about 20 or so people, and everyone was a fan of it! About the only real complaint people had was that the lack of signage made it easy for people to get a little lost, but that could be more due to a lack of familiarity with the map.

Excellent work though!

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
Yeah! After the playrun that you and SWATY had on the server with like 8 people or so, we ended up playing on it with a full server of about 20 or so people, and everyone was a fan of it! About the only real complaint people had was that the lack of signage made it easy for people to get a little lost, but that could be more due to a lack of familiarity with the map.

Excellent work though!

Yah i went the wrong way, maybe spawn placement or sign placement could be more direct of the spawn exit would be nice. I sometimes walk the other way, obviously this will change as i play it more but it still might be nice.

kankle_king

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 31, 2009
This was a nice surprise for everyone that came to our PUG today. Seems like you have a good thing going here, map looks great and was fairly balanced. Gameplay was dynamic and we finished 3-2 with 2 mins left. There are several issues that will need to be fixed, I will post specifics & screens later, but in the mean time watch this demo for 6v6 help.

http://tf2f.sishgupta.com/tf/demos/auto-20091103-1957-cp_reelfoot_b3.dem

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
damn, I watched the whole demo and those were some fucking epic battles, I loved it. Im aware of the stairs in the middle being broken (I'll make sure I fix them in b4) and the spawns after capping the 4th point are too close to the next point. Im thinking of moving the spawn a bit back so the defending team can try and defend the 4th point. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.