main_entrance_door issues

samuelkeller64

L1: Registered
Jul 4, 2019
I'm currently designing a map that utilizes cp_well's big doors and am running into an issue. So far it opens, but the door itself doesn't go into the frame like it's supposed to. Pictures provided. I thought it might be an issue with the func_door's origin, but modifying that doesn't seem to change anything. Any insight would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot (36).png
    Screenshot (36).png
    888.3 KB · Views: 78
  • Screenshot (37).png
    Screenshot (37).png
    950.8 KB · Views: 85

Aapelikaeki

L3: Member
Feb 24, 2018
Are you aware that the actual shutter door prop has animations for opening and closing nicely into the curved frame?

You can trigger these by setting up outputs for the invisible func_door when it opens and closes
OnClose >[prop] >SetAnimation >Close
OnOpen >[prop] >SetAnimation >Open

samuelkeller64

Jul 4, 2019
Are you aware that the actual shutter door prop has animations for opening and closing nicely into the curved frame?

You can trigger these by setting up outputs for the invisible func_door when it opens and closes
OnClose >[prop] >SetAnimation >Close
OnOpen >[prop] >SetAnimation >Open
Yep, got that set. I have a video to show what exactly is happening when I trigger the door.

Attachments

• Recording 2022-02-11 at 17.35.26.gif
    Recording 2022-02-11 at 17.35.26.gif
    20.6 MB · Views: 84

Aapelikaeki

L3: Member
Feb 24, 2018
Ah, I believe you have you the animated door prop parented to the invisible func_door. Only doors without animations should be parented like that. Also, your invisible door seems to open downwards into the ground instead of upwards into the ceiling.

samuelkeller64

Jul 4, 2019
Ah, I believe you have you the animated door prop parented to the invisible func_door. Only doors without animations should be parented like that. Also, your invisible door seems to open downwards into the ground instead of upwards into the ceiling.
Exactly this! Thank you very much.