Lancey

CP Lancey a7

Aug 23, 2008
I think the comment regarding heavy is that with smaller map, rollouts matter less and less, meaning your likely to have a heavy show up at middle with freakish regularity. On a larger map, heavy is far too slow to get to middle on time, so you end up a man down for the majority of the fight and the heavy does next to nothing when he gets to mid.

Best example: Viaduct. For several seasons, heavy has been a valid swap out for one of the soldiers. Largely, this has to do with how small the map is. Heavy can get to middle in next to no time, and because the heavy wants to chill behind the main fighting area anyway, he ends up in pretty much the place he wants to be at the time that he wants. Obvious counter: sniper, but lots of teams run sniper to counter enemy snipers, so its kind of a wash on viaduct.

I have no idea how this plays out on your map. I've only looked at the screenshots. But I think wax has a point and you might want to consider opening up some of the areas. But, your map, DO AS U WILL BE THE LAW OF THE LAND!

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
I could go on forever about how Heavy works fine on small maps, and how my map is perfect and doesn't suffer problems, but honestly I'm more focused on making a great map based on what happens in testing. Theory is fun and Heavy may well be overpowered in my map, but I haven't actually seen anything on that scale yet. By all means, feel free to go Heavy if you happen to play the map. In fact, I encourage crazy stupid strategies that break everything. I could be on the ground sobbing about how you've ruined everything and vow revenge, but it's really good feedback.

I'm hoping to have a new version out Wednesday-ish. The next scheduled test is probably tomorrow on the Cafe.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
See I said I'd have a new version out Wednesday and it's Monday. Ahead of schedule.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
I think the problem with the confusion was here
(at least, this was my problem)

You can't see the sign when taking the upper route, which a lot of people were doing. And when you take the left route, it isn't clear that taking the first right takes you to mid.

cp_lancey_a60000.jpg

Suggestion: Move the overland to the middle, and have it point at the right door.

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
don't worry, heavy is op on every map. just like the wrangler. that's valve's fault, not the map's

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
The reason you have such an unprecedented level of confusion as to where to go is because most players never see the control points on their way around. It is possible to walk by 2nd and mid over and over without seeing them.

Almost all your routes, and your layout require some serious reworking, it might just be better to start over from scratch.