L4D2 Demo has been Delayed

Ankh

L3: Member
Sep 18, 2008
Left 4 Dead 2 Demo = Awesome.

QED.

Running crescendo is intense, weapon variety is great, the common infected don't look like the same 4 zombies over and over again... it's just great.

Really really great.

And the jukebox is heartwarming.

Seconded

for extra laughs try the upgrade_add command. explosive ammo is unbelievably cool

Cameron:D

L6: Sharp Member
Sep 28, 2008
I'm in Australia.....
I wound up with an uncensored version :3

SCREENSHOTS:

New engine looks fantastic
c5m2_park0000.jpg

Probably why it was banned:
c5m2_park0001.jpg

More of the engine, one of the new special infected
c5m2_park0002.jpg

Gameplay
c5m2_park0003.jpg

Also why it was banned
c5m2_park0004.jpg

That guy didn't last much longer
c5m2_park0005.jpg

Gameplay
c5m2_park0009.jpg

Owning in style!
c5m2_park0010.jpg

Numerous

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 14, 2009
I hate you all, you lucky bastards.
So far, I've woken up around the release time (I think, and it was ~6AM) gotten ready to go to school, had a massive headache, tried to go to school but did a boomer on the train (twice in 1 minute) got off to go home, thinking that at least I'd be able to play L4D2 early, found that worms tablets n certain headache tablets dont mix well n had to go to the hospital, come back, found my dad was busy on the computer all along, so I'd have to wait till 3PM to play L4D2, after 2 hours got another reaction from the tablets, ended up sleeping it off (overheating all along), waking up to find that I had to decrypt the files, decrypted to find my dad had to go to tai chi, backed up the game files so when I switched houses I wouldnt have to redownload, switched houses only to find the 3 gig backup didnt work, and now I'm waiting for my crappy internet connection to download another 2 gigabytes.
Yay.

Ankh

Sep 18, 2008
that kind of bad luck is genuinely impressive

hopefully it's up and running soon

anyways, we need a list of people with the demo, a surprisingly low number of people on my friends list have it

Last edited:

Numerous

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 14, 2009
that kind of bad luck is genuinely impressive

hopefully it's up and running soon

anyways, we need a list of people with the demo, a surprisingly low number of people on my friends list have it
I'll join your game, my demo is almost downloaded.
By the way, if anyone says QQ I will personally hunt them down in L4D2 and shotgun them to death.

Ankh

Sep 18, 2008
add me, then we can do so tomorrow. I have to study for the rest of the night

I think hospital stays exempt you from being told to cry some more. unless it's an epic fail, which this wasn't

Dr. KillPatient

May 10, 2009
Just love how the pipe bomb flings half-dismembered corpses everywhere.
And has anyone found a command for the chainsaw yet, or is it not programmed into the demo?

EDIT: Oddly enough 'give melee' screws your model to hell and gives you hunter hands which unfortunately can't attack...

Last edited:

Smetzle

May 20, 2009
c5m1_waterfront0008.jpg

Cuuuubemaps!

Also, L4D2 is the first Source engine game that has ever given me framerate issues (on an optimized map). Other than that, the demo is brilliant, especially when approximately 1,000,000,000 infected just got set on fire and Rochelle said, "Damn, you're on fire today!" :D

Last edited:

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
I forgot to mention the guitar. I started with it at the begining of the 2nd chapter, and by the end it had a string missing, and had changed colour from electric red to blood red. I also shot a hole in someones body.

I'm from UK btw incase anyone wants to play.

Wegason

Aug 16, 2009
Tonight, from about 8pm Jack

Zwiffle

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 24, 2008
Unfortunately I had huge problems running it last night to the point where it was unplayable (insult added to injury complete!) After trying things like rebooting, which turned into a huge mess resulting in me finding a mechanical pencil I lost a few months ago napping snugly on my graphics card, and messing around with graphics settings, I was able to get it to a somewhat playable state. I think the problem was the Dual Processor settings were screwing me up for the most part, because when I turned that off my system chugged a lot less. Still chugged in parts, but it was better. But by then all my friends had gone to sleep, so I ran through in single player.

It was pretty fun, I wasn't too impressed with the first level though. It just felt too horizontal compared to the first one, a lot like playing L4D meets Wolfenstein or something. The 2nd level was better. A ton of new toys to kill zombies with, everything looked pretty good, etc.