Resource icon

KotH koth_townie a3b

Retarded Mouse

L1: Registered
Mar 16, 2016
koth_townie - Blu and Red fight in an abandoned town center.

1 - 9JtVVrP.jpg

This is my very first map. Took me just about 3 days to get it to this point, but I think it's finally worth it.

It's just a pretty small generic KOTH map. Nothing special about it, except the one-way doors on either side of the point.

TODO list:​

1. Make a couple more flank routes if possible

2. Make the out-of-bounds areas look prettier

3. Add more to the spawn rooms

4. Make the textures proper when I get around to it

5. Make misccellaneous adjustments depending how the gameplay flows in matches

I hope everyone likes it for being my first map. I've had fun working on this map, so I hope people have fun playing on it.

Retarded Mouse

Mar 16, 2016
-Added some textures to a couple buildings.

-Displaced the out of bounds areas outside the spawns to look nicer.

-Added team door filters.(embarrassing!)

-Added nobuild areas on the tops of the pillars around the point and in the spawns.

-Area the control point is on now gray.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Lovres

Level -1: Prenatal Member
Jan 25, 2015
If you are looking for feedback on your map you need to go to the feedback section up on the navigation bar, however you will need to get your map tested before hand, look out for Impromptu Tests (Imps) or put your map up for the game day (There is one Saturday, here is the link)

Retarded Mouse

Mar 16, 2016
-Added a new route up to the side battlement on both sides(previously unreachable unless you went all the way around past the enemy spawn)

-Added some more cover on mid, and a few palettes of barrels by the new routes to prevent insane sniper sightlines

-Fixed the textures on one building(roof wasn't textured)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:

sooshey

:3c
aa
Jan 7, 2015
If you changed anything about the map, you need to rename it. Anyone who had the old version will run into conflicts when they try to play on the new version of your map. If you feel like the changes were too small for a whole new version, usually people will use A2b, A2c etc.

Retarded Mouse

Mar 16, 2016
Okay. I'm trying to find things to improve but I can't do it myself. Unfortunately I can't really rename the updates, so I think it's basically a2 by now. I actually edited that first part out but for some reason it didn't change it.

zahndah

professional letter
aa
Jul 4, 2015
You have to change the name of the vmf. before you compile to change the name, not just rename the .bsp