Resource icon

KotH koth_naderhill (Abandoned) v5

Stix

L1: Registered
Sep 25, 2015
koth_naderhill - A Crowded but Large room.

THE FOLLOWING IMAGE IS OUT OF DATE

See the read me file its all there. trust me it looks hella better then this image.
Download it. now. do it. give feed back. im doing this at 12 pm because i dont see why not.

Support your local mapper, give it a shot (or lots if your the violent type)

Kraken

Few more zeros and ones for the site to proccess
Dec 21, 2014
I'll just link you to this video.

JMaxchill

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 21, 2015
It looks like this is basically a box with things in. No official map is like that - they may be several boxes, at worst, but something like this means snipers will have a field day. Maybe put the floor higher up and turn some bridges into underpasses?

Stix

Sep 25, 2015
Thanks for JMaxchill for giving feed back! I am planning on placing a tunnel from spawn to under the point (just thinking of where to put it) also placing more cover places on top of the point and bridges from the sniper decks to some where behind cover near the point.

Also thanks to Davekillerish for telling me about the map naming thing (I will fix this when I update the map with more screen shots)

Thanks for the feed back! this is my first map and the old site I had this on (game banana) got downloads but no comments
Also, if you know a server that hosts custom maps and such. Tell me / them about it because gameplay helps more then just bots spazing out in the corner.

And im waffling on. L8r Sk8rs

JMaxchill

Jan 21, 2015
More cover would help, but the problem is the basic premise. "A Crowded but Large room." That's what you called the map, and that's why it needs work. Like I said, no official map is like this - I can't remember the longest sightline they have, but I don't think it's more than 2048 units. Your map feels way bigger than this in general. Clip off corners, trim it down (a lot) and you'll have a good base of a map. If you hang out in steam chat for long enough, someone'll volunteer to start an impromptu and you can ask to get your map in that. Alternatively, go to http://tf2maps.net/forums/server-events.35/ and you'll see a ton of gameday threads, so you can ask them to play your map then. As it is, though, you won't get much meaningful feedback besides "SIGHTLINES". Also, it's a bit dark
Good luck :p

Stix

Sep 25, 2015
Ok. I have some sad news and some frigging sweet news.

Sad news: This map will no longer be worked on. the updated version looks good but I cant get the sky box to work (2D or 3D) and the map was badly organized. i.e. almost nothing was on one single plane of grid. tunnels cant be implemented in needed places without the head ache because something that was carved was in the way (meaning the ground) and I just lost interest in making this map because it just seemed boring to work on and the original concept was lost. In short. Im not working on this map any-more. its still free to be used as pleased as a achievement map or something.

The frigging sweet news: With my new found knowledge. I have a new map in the works. its still a koth map, but it wont be just a box. more details on the next map I post

Sorry for the few people that was interested in this map, but it was a first try that went longer then I wanted it to go

-Stix

JMaxchill

Jan 21, 2015
Would you mind posting a VMF here? I'd be interested to have a look at this and see if I can do anything

Stix

Sep 25, 2015
heres the vmf. also i uploaded the new map! its called koth_greenroof_A1. check that map out too

Attachments

• koth_nader_hill_a3.vmf
    324.1 KB · Views: 124

JMaxchill

Jan 21, 2015
Was a3 the latest version, or did changes after that not really make much of a difference?

Stix

Sep 25, 2015
a3 was the latest ver. the i didnt upload the bsp because it would crash whenever i tryed to compile it. and yes, i know there is a way to fix it but im lazy and i just didnt want the headache.