koth_grgstation

KotH koth_grgstation 2.5

Lacry

L6: Sharp Member
Feb 25, 2019
Hi, I wanted to check your map since you didnt post any screenshots in the download thread, and I think there is a few things you should fix:
Starting with the name file of the map, you should add always the version of the map as a sufix, for example koth_grgstation_a3 would be the next version. Not only makes it easy to know the state of the map to players, but also I think if you reuse the same name over and over the bot of the server goes nuts and dont play your map. Here is a video if you want to know more about it:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7YqJ4MyG7w

The next is the map itself, it's too small for a KOTH, it's even small for an ARENA, and everything is too cramped. This spawn is too small, you have to keep in mind that 12 players have to fit here. And have multiple exists to avoid spawncamping.
20230909231310_1.jpg

I recommend you to check other KOTH maps to see the sizes they use. Here is a thread with a bunch of decompiled TF2 maps:

Another thing you wan to avoid is empty spaces. In maps there is usually props or brushes to prevent sightlines like this one
20230909231333_1.jpg

Also the map is a bit dark, i recommend checking a prefab i did with every environment setting in tf2:

The control point, is too cramped too, but it also has the issue of not knowing where is the capture zone exactly, put some overlays to make it clear.
20230909231404_1.jpg

Also the capture time I think is too long, reduce it to 8 seconds. And for the last nitpick, clip the stairs with a blockbullet.

Overall, for your first map its decent, my first map was way worse than this. You mostly need to look other tf2 maps as a reference and size the sizes they usually use. You should put your map in the server to be playetested and get feedback, it's how maps get improved. Also, i dont recommend posting your map in the tf2 workshop until is finished. So keep working on it!

bI.

L1: Registered
Sep 9, 2023
about empty spaces I want to add prefabs, about lighting I don't know, I'm try to add more brightness, I'm gonna add arrows to indicate point, and time I think it's ok (I set it to 10 seconds), about spawn I think too it is small