CP japan_a1

Warren Moonbeam

L1: Registered
Mar 12, 2011
I would like to apologize to the failure of this map on Gameday. My clipping was originally deleted by Hammer and then during the remaking of it, while I was exhausted, I didnt clip properly. I apologize to the community and swear that next playtest this map will be better.

I really appreciated constructive criticism, and nothing against honesty, but please try not to be so hateful next time with your feedback.

Once again, I really appreciated most people's feedback, and even the offensive commentary can still be helpful I guess! :)

Thanks for those who played.

Sgt Frag

L14: Epic Member
May 20, 2008
Of course the biggest issue was getting below the map.

The ground and walls really need to connect. Not only will it stop that stuff from happening, but it also optimizes your map. It seems like your map is probably in one big box which is probably the biggest no-no.

It takes a bit more time to seal it up correctly, but then it will be properly optimized. As you you can probably see the entire map all the time (but you have to turn on wireframes to know and you can't do that on the server).

The stairs were also too big, the easiest way to make them proper size is to throw a valve stair model in you map, the make some brushes the size of those stairs. And make sure to put player clip ramps over them so the players actually just walk up ramps, instead of bumping up stairs.

-------
I've forgotten to compile with clipping for a test too, probably everyone has.

But still like I said, don't rely on clipping keeping people from under the map, the map should still be sealed properly. Just use clip to keep them out of trees, off of roofs, etc..
-----
Yeah, I agree, the server sometimes breaks down into stupidity. Yes maps shouldn't have those 'noob' mistakes. But players/testers really, shouldn't devolve into a bunch of school girls.

Just say the map is broken for obvious reasons, leave proper feedback, change map.

But hey, we've all experienced it and it is the interwebs so you gotta have a thick skin. Lol, I'm not one to talk as this behavior has got me wound up a bit too tight before. Just don't take it too serious.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2009
The layout of the map was quite good , but factors such as the stairs, the lack of cubemaps, the wrong ground texture and the lack of that one playerclip really distracted people and me. I recommend you read some of grazr's articles on tf2 stuff like stairs. They can be found in the tut section.