Introducing The London Pack!

Punn Ames Ardum

L1: Registered
Jan 16, 2021
There's an installation guide in the readme txt file in the download, but basically you'll need to extract the London Pack V1.1 folder to your TF2 install's \tf\custom directory. You should end up with the following file path:
Thanks so much, luckily it works and something weird didn't happen with the hammer editor! Thanks so much to you and the team that done all this, would love to work something like this in the future but I should probably get some photoshop-esque program and get more maps under my belt before heading for something like this; thanks for the time that all yall took on this, I really can't overstate it (or is it understate it, I always get mixed on the two)

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
In addition to what I already said in the other thread, it would be nice if the zoo were updated to include some samples of how to use the trim textures, similar to the kinds of samples Valve puts in their zoo files lately. As it is, we can't even fly around Thames to get ideas since it's exclusive to a different game.

Also, where'd you get those triple lampposts in the top screenshot?

Mattie

L2: Junior Member
Jul 28, 2018
In addition to what I already said in the other thread, it would be nice if the zoo were updated to include some samples of how to use the trim textures, similar to the kinds of samples Valve puts in their zoo files lately. As it is, we can't even fly around Thames to get ideas since it's exclusive to a different game.

Also, where'd you get those triple lampposts in the top screenshot?
Adding examples will definitely be considered, although honestly the best way of using the textures is to draw from photo reference of real UK buildings - we didn't want to be too prescriptive with how they were applied, in case the result was maps only ever using an established house style. (Also the lampposts are from Frontline, they were the most suitable ones available)

Punn Ames Ardum

L1: Registered
Jan 16, 2021
I just realized some of the brickwork may have been inspired by the Williamson's Tunnels (probably), if so I feel really smart with random art references, otherwise this little tidbit of info is unneeded.
But could make you get a prize or something on a game-night. So there is that I guess.