Interest check for artpass assistance with a map

Radial

L3: Member
Aug 4, 2019
Hello! This is a half request, half interest check to assist the artpass of my map cp_overload if/when it reaches beta.

I say interest check simply because I don't want to bring someone on until I know for sure that I want to see the map through to RC. The last thing I want is to lead anyone on or have them assist on a doomed project.

When that time comes, I'll go through and contact everyone who replies to see if they are interested. If at any point the situation changes and you won't be able to help when the time comes or simply lose interest, please edit your reply to say so!

For why I'm asking for assistance, it's simply because I'm still not the best at artpassing a map and making something look truly good, and I'm still pretty terrible at things like displacement cliffs.

And as for the map itself, here's a general rundown of the style:
  • Set at night ala Doublecross, in a giant isolated mountain range
  • Mid features a collapsed (or overloaded) bridge over a canyon

• Blu side is a cave set directly in a nearby mountain, and features a lot of "outside" rooms overlooking massive hollow cave systems reminiscent of mvm_underground, mvm_bigrock, Deep Rock Galactic and Portal 2's Old Aperture segments (particularly Test Shaft 9)
  • When last is capped, a giant drill above the point activates and destroys it

• Red side is still being figured out detailing wise but will most likely just be pretty typical spytech, set in a rocket/jet engine testing facility
  • When last is capped, a rocket above the point test fires and burns it to a crisp
A key thing to mention is that there will be no facades, as this will be a fairly concealed and remote area.

There are also several major things that I certainly don't have the skill for and will need help with:
  • A convincing outside skybox showing the mountain directly above Blu's side of the map, and the further mountain range surrounding the map
  • Well created static destruction on the bridge at mid.
  • Convincing destruction physics at Blu last as the drill drills into the point.
  • Possibly paintover concept art for detailing/artpass inspiration?
This is quite a lot, which is why this is more of an interest check than a confirmed "this artpass is happening NOW and I need someone to collab with". Want to know for sure this map is going to he finished first.

Thanks for reading, and please respond if you are at all interested!

Last edited:

The Supreme Meme Lord™

L1: Registered
Jan 3, 2023
While I don't have the best portfolio of sorts, I'd be interested in helping with the artpassing at least. I'm not the best modeler, but I'm currently working on improving in Blender.