I'm hating Apple even more

Ganonmaster

L1: Registered
Nov 25, 2008
Linux is a good choice, but definitely not for everyone. No matter which distro you try, it's inevitable that you have to go into the console to tweak some things to your liking. And learning console commands is not something a lot of people would want to do. I know my way around it pretty well, but it's not enjoyable.

Noob.

You forgot Fedora D:

He listed RedHat, which sort is pretty much the same as Fedora.

Vig

L2: Junior Member
Feb 14, 2009
Color me 6 shades of confused I didn't know Apple trademarked trash talking... They need to reinvent themselves quickly because their counter culture approach has long since become the current culture.

Kind of hard to promote overthrowing the man, when you are the man...

It sucks when the tables get turned but really they brought it on themselves. Nothing stays cool and in the spot light for long. Treat others as you wish to be treated bla bla blabbity blab...

I wore a black turtle neck once and I got a cease and desist letter from Job's lawyer, true story. Ok the guy was homeless and only called himself Steve Jobs lawyer, and the cease and desist was an unrolled dixie cup, but still... you have to take those things seriously. Never worn once since...

Last edited:

Shmitz

Old Hat
aa
Nov 12, 2007

For me that's an entirely different (and stupid) argument. An OS is an OS is an OS, and at this point in the game none of the big OSs are inherently superior in all aspects. It really depends on what the user is trying to do.

I wouldn't mind using OS X if it weren't Apple. My beef is with the company and its business practices, not the functionality of its product.