i want to make a new gamemode but i dont know how to do it

Dec 4, 2021
so me and my friend are trying to make a gamemode for a map but we dont know how to do the logic for it

so i hope i can explain this clearly

the point layout will be like

new gamemode idea.png

at the start of the round blu team has access to a, b and e but if blu takes a b and d gets locked until one team wins

and if blu takes b a and c will get locked until one team wins

e will remain open until blu caps it, winning blu the round

blu will also get a forward spawn near e and c if they cap a and theyll get a forward spawn near e and d if they cap b

please help me out

Tiftid

the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
aa
Sep 10, 2016
The first step is simplicity itself.
You set the "BLU Previous Required Point" for A to be A itself.
Then, you do the same for B and E.
Then, you set the previous required point for C to be A, and the previous required point for D to be B.

The locking part is also simple, in theory.
In A's team_control_point entity, you create an OnCapTeam2 output, targeting B, with the logic "SetLocked 1".
Then you do the same in reverse for B.
The SetLocked output has been known to sometimes not work, so if it fails you can instead send a "Disable" output to B's trigger_capture_area.

The forward spawn follows similar logic.
First, you set up a BLU spawn room, making sure that the info_player_teamspawns within are all named the same thing (such as respawnroom_blu_c_spawns), and all have the "Start Disabled?" property set to "Yes".
Then, from A, send an "OnCapTeam2 respawnroom_blu_c_spawns Enable" output.
You must also make sure that the spawns in BLU's first spawn are all named the same thing, such as respawnroom_blu1_spawns.
Then, from A, send an "OnCapTeam2 respawnroom_blu1_spawns Disable" output.
You will then have a working forward spawn.

Hope this helps!

Dec 4, 2021
The locking part is also simple, in theory.
In A's team_control_point entity, you create an OnCapTeam2 output, targeting B, with the logic "SetLocked 1".
Then you do the same in reverse for B.
The SetLocked output has been known to sometimes not work, so if it fails you can instead send a "Disable" output to B's trigger_capture_area.
the setlocked output does not function and when i disable the capture area it still shows as available in the hud