How to upload a custom model?

Dr_Cranberry

L1: Registered
Mar 20, 2019
So, my friend made me a custom model (with animations) in blender, and I was wondering how I can import this into source? I've looked at tutorials, but they all only give what I need, not how to create it or know what i'm actually doing.

If anyone knows how to do this, please explain this to me like i'm 5, like what i'll need and what every file I need specifically does and where to put it, cause i'm lost but I want this model in my map.

Thank you in advance!

Mystic Monkey

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 24, 2011
I too am trying to import models for my Sonic-themed TF2 map. That and I want to put them on GMod workshop. (Because I've been waiting for such thing on the workshops but it's just never gonna happen until I do it. That way no one else will have to be like me waiting for props they need.)

I would ask for help on what I'm doing wrong but I would not know where to begin.
Other than the absence of a _physics.smd file I can't seem to get the textures to work.
I mean if I put the model in the right place then at least one of the .vtf will be visable while the rest is invisible.

Times like this I wish there was a simple .mdl exporter on Blender and I can simply do the rest with crowbar.
Adventure item box.png

Last edited: