How to Cancel Your Recurring VIP Payments

Cincomma

bonk sploosh
aa
Aug 2, 2017
Due to the recent site update and migration, an issue regarding recurring paypal payments has shown up. This thread is to help in cancelling your VIP subscription to prevent unnecessary payments.

IF YOU HAVE NOT CANCELLED YOUR RECURRING VIP DONATION, VIP WILL NOT BE AUTOMATICALLY RENEWED VIA RECURRING PAYMENT.

Here's how to cancel recurring payments:

Click Settings near the top of the page.
Click Payments.
Click Manage pre-approved payments.
Click Cancel or Cancel automatic billing and follow the instructions.

You want to cancel: redvsblu

After cancellation, wait until your VIP runs out, afterwards you may activate recurring payment once again.

**If your payment went through, please forward your PayPal transaction email/id to paypal@tf2maps.net and a link to your site profile and I'll get your VIP status restored and will throw in an extra month of VIP for the trouble. Very sorry for the issues**

Last edited by a moderator:

Khuntza

L4: Comfortable Member
Dec 29, 2009
My renewal occurred two days ago and obviously isn't showing on the site as active. Can this be added in the backend?

I've cancelled my paypal renewal but it would be preferable if a solution was offered other than re-subscribing just days after making a payment.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
My renewal occurred two days ago and obviously isn't showing on the site as active. Can this be added in the backend?

I've cancelled my paypal renewal but it would be preferable if a solution was offered other than re-subscribing just days after making a payment.
Please send your paypal email or transaction id to paypal@tf2maps.net and I'll get you sorted. This applies to anyone who payed and the VIP status wasnt restored.

Khuntza

L4: Comfortable Member
Dec 29, 2009
Thanks drp, I pm'd you then realised you had a dedicated email address for it.. I've flicked the transaction ID through to the email as well.

Something else of concern, my subscription has been running at $2.99US per month since I subscribed. I now see that monthly subscriptions are running at $3.99. If I'm going to continue to support the site I have an expectation that I can do so at what was my ongoing rate, I'm not particularly active here at all anymore and was happy while my VIP was just ticking over but I'm not inclined to continue if it means increasing the amount. Hope that doesn't seem too unreasonable.

Last edited:

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
Thanks drp, I pm'd you then realised you had a dedicated email address for it.. I've flicked the transaction ID through to the email as well.
It's all good. Email or PM works. I've got you setup :)