Highschool

Highschool 2023-03-23

Egan

aa
Feb 14, 2010
Map is needing a lot of work, probably will retrofit huge amount of the gamemode in vscript. But that might take a year to do.
I won't advertise this map around for now, I think it's quite confusing. But it's technically playable. I wouldn't recommend playing it with a full server though.

You can actually play this map solo if you want to get a taste of it. <5 players probably best.

Katsu! :3

Veteran Cat
aa
Jul 30, 2021
I've been checking out this map for a bit but I genuinely cannot find the orbs that I'm supposed to be able to get. Is there any way to get them currently?

Katsu! :3

Veteran Cat
aa
Jul 30, 2021
Nevermind I found them!!!! Ignore me!!!!!!!!!!!

Egan

aa
Feb 14, 2010
Egan updated Highschool with a new update entry:

a8

Version a8

- New objective flow, capture 3 ghosts, then find the name in the basement. Objective arrows point to the general location of the ghosts, and to the Rune Device in the basement.
- The lights no longer pulse on/off, they just stay on after a haunt starts (they briefly turn off).
- The playermonster music is quieter, and you can only choose hl1/hl2 music until nightmare-difficulty is completed which unlocks the silly music choices.
- Playermonster has viewmodel/body update.
- All...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Egan

aa
Feb 14, 2010

version a8b

a8b:
- possible fix for broken far-z settings on fog in hell/dungeon.
- keep the blue flag outline on all the time to help with waypoints.
- reduce time the lights go out for in coop mode from 10s to 5s.
- make the dungeon fog less intense, and put more blue arrows to the 'core' of the dungeon. also replace one of the fences with a crouch-route to help players get around.
- the playermonster classes now give varying amounts of maxhealth. big monster = 300 health, fast monster = 200 health...

Egan

aa
Feb 14, 2010

a8c

- Fix a problem where some staircases had broken navmesh.
-- I was optimising entities by spawning them in, and was using func_door to spawn in some non-solid details that can be spawned from a template (func_brush/illusionary don't work in templates), but it turns out func_door blocks nearby navmesh when it's 'closed'. Replaced these with func_lod.

Egan

aa
Feb 14, 2010

a8d

Fixes for version a8d - March 7, 2023
- Probable fix for the 32-player crash on end of round. It was a max-edicts issue. I was able to remove 175 edicts by optimising some complex logic using vscript, which should be enough, hopefully...
- Fix for the visualizer for the player-monster not updating per ghost, and not updating to the name location in the basement. Also add a visualizer for the rune-room. Also add a solid-visualizer guarding the keyboard, so that the player-monster can't mess...