Hazzle

PL Hazzle a7a

zahndah

professional letter
aa
Jul 4, 2015
In the imp I was writing notes and taking screenies as I played. Here are the results:

pl_hazzle_a7a0000.jpg

The bridge Is VERY steep (to an extent where it just looks off) and the big beams either side of the steps block alot of visability, i have managed to hide behind the bridge before as a sniper. Having the beams not be so chunky would be nice as then you would be able to see around the point and attack / defend it better most likely.

In blu first spawn you have a shutter door to stop people going to the resupply locker being shot as they do so, however the shutter door breaks up gameplay quite an amount and isnt as desirable as the other exits as you have no idea what you are walking into out of it. You could remove the shutter door and replace with a grate door then just move the resupply cabinet a bit further into spawn so you still cant be shot using it (redesign spawn a bit maybe to do this)

pl_hazzle_a7a0001.jpg
Also on redesigning the spawn defenders can see through the barrels from outside into the acctual spawn area.

pl_hazzle_a7a0002.jpg
Here i can see this upper area but there is no indication at all for how i get up there. you could maybe have a window in that big empty wall so i can see a staircase going up there.

pl_hazzle_a7a0003.jpg
There are many crates here, with the amount you have it doesn't look particularly good and they break up the room a bit but you could do a much better job with brushes, just mess around with some ideas. Also, as a non-jumper class there is no height variance in this room at all as you cant get on the crate pile.
pl_hazzle_a7a0004.jpg

Have something interesting in this area here, its kinda just wasted space but you could have some height here or maybe a way through for red until blu pushes cart a bit (or way through for blu until they push a bit) but you can just go through the barn so probably just have a truck here or something.

On the red forward / blu forward spawn you have 2 signs next to eachother. You could instead (to save entities and confusion) just have one sign with an imput to change skin when B is capped.

pl_hazzle_a7a0005.jpg

Just extend the platform to the wall, there is no reason for this crevice.

pl_hazzle_a7a0006.jpg

There is some playerclip here or something? It could be nice to have more space up here maybe though.

pl_hazzle_a7a0007.jpg

You cant jump up this ledge here, its kinda annoying but kinda good. Its good while the cart is here as blu players can jump up but quite slowly and red players that jump down get punished but once the cart has left if i want to get back up i have to run quite far. Maybe next to the bridge here have a ramp cutting back into it or some stairs or something, maybe a crate next to the track . I don't know.

pl_hazzle_a7a0009.jpg

This rail being so high is a bit annoying, to do time-saving jumps over the rail i have to do a precise crouch jump else i fall into the deathpit or save no time at all. Also it would be a little easier to attack players on the bridge if this was just a little lower (as the middle of the body is the biggest bit).

pl_hazzle_a7a0010.jpg

This area down here seems pointless. Sure its a kinda nice place for spies to decloak but its pretty obvious that that is where the spies would decloak and also very suspicious for someone to just be running out of there. Also it is very deep into C so really quite dangerous to decloak there. Also light this area up alongside giving it a better purpose.

pl_hazzle_a7a0008.jpg

At the B barn somewhere there is a small set of pickups like, 2 seconds run away from a medium set. this is unneeded and you could probably remove one without causing much or any harm, and then re purpose the area where you removed the pickups.

Also, the attacking B barn is really... empty. I never used it when i was attacking (tho i wasn't attacking much so take this with a grain of salt). You may want to have more there and make it more enticing to go there so that people will go there and maybe attack B point more effectively.

Anyways big feedback post over, hope you can make this map great!